' Verily, the faith with Allah is Islam.'
Explanation : The Kalimat above is the Verse no. 19 from the Surah 'Al-Imran, Al Qur'an Al Karim.
The Kalimat is recited to reaffirm in our hearts that Islam is the True Faith from Allah, God Almighty that we are to follow and live according to.
We then read :
- QU LIL LAA HUMMA MAALIKAL MULKITU' TIL MULKA MAN TASYAA
- U WATAN ZI 'UL MULKA MIM MAN TASYAA
- WA TU 'IZZU MAN TASYAA WA TU 'ZILLU MAN TASYAA
- BIYA'DIKAL KHAIRU INNAKA 'ALA KULLI SYAI 'IN QADIIR
"Say : O Allah! You are the One who owns the authority! You give authority to whom You want and You take away authority from whom You want! You raise in honor whom You want and You disgrace whom You want! In Your Hands are all goodness and You are Most Powerful over each and everything!"
We then recite :
- TUU LI JUL LAILA FIN NAHAARI WA TU LI JUN NAHAARA FIL LAILI
- WA TUKH RIJUUL HAYYA MINAL MAYYITI
- WA TUKH RIJUUL MAYYITA MINAL HAYYI
- WA TAR ZUQU MAN TASYA BIGHAIRI HISAAB
'O Allah! You enter the night unto the day ( You lengthen the night) and You enter the day unto the night (You lengthen the day). You extract the living from the dead and You extract the dead from the living. You give untold sustenance to whoever You want!'
We then read : 'ILAA HI YAA RABBI SUBHAA NALLAH!' (soob-harr-null-larhh)
Meaning : O Allah My Lord! I glorify You with this praise 'Subhanallah!' (Most Pure is Allah)!
We then recite SUBHAA NALLAH x 33 times.
We then read :
- SUBHAA NALLAH HIL 'ALIYYIL 'ADHIIMI WA BIHAMDIHI DAA IMAN ALHAMDULILLAAH
We then recite for 33 times the praise 'AL HAM DU LIL LAAH'
After completing the praise 33 times, we then read:
- AL HAMDU LIL LAAHI RABBIL 'ALAMIN
- 'ALAA QULLI HAA LIN WA FII QULLI HAA LIN
- WA NIQ'MAA TIIN
- ALLAHU AKBAR
- All praises be to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
- Who is in charge of all situations and of every situation
- and for the benefits (pleasures) I proclaim my exultation of You-
- 'ALLAHU AKBAR! (Allah the Most Greatest)!
Upon completing that exultation, we then read :
- ALLAHU AKBAR KABIRRAW
- WAL HAMDU LILLAHI KAASIRAW
- WA SUBHANALLAHI BUQ'RATAW WA AA SII LAA
'Allah, Most Largest (Grandest), All (immense) Praises be to Him and Most Pure is Allah, every morning and evening!'
We then read :
- LAA ILAA HA ILL LALL LAA HU
- WAH DAA HUU LAA SYARIKAA LAAH
- LAHUL MULKU WALAHUL HAMDU
- YUHYII WA YU MIITU
- WA HU WA 'ALAA QULLI SYAII 'IN QADIIR.
- There is No God but Allah
- There is No Associate to Him
- For Him is all Kingdom and Praise
- Who gives Life and puts to Death
- He is Most Powerful above all things!
I request that no more comments regarding the transliterations be made by anyone. I am doing this out of my own willingness to oblige a fellow Muslimah's request for assistance in guiding her friend who wants to learn how to perform the Dhikr.
You can go ahead and say or think anything you want and find a thousand and one faults with me and my effort here. It doesn't make any difference to me. I am not looking for praise or commendations from anyone here. I don't need it. I only seek Allah's Mercy and Guidance in doing what I am comfortable with ; that is sharing info about Islam.
I know I am not perfect nor ever will be. I am just trying to help another, so please let me be. If you want to assist me , please do so by all means. If you aren't able to do so, no worries. Just live your life as you please.
Have a nice day. May Almighty Allah guide us all. Ameen.