Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Mahaguru58's East Coast Travelogue Part 2.


















I have always admired the simplistic but practical manner by which the Malays of old used to construct their houses especially in the traditional Malay kampongs @ villages.

This particular house never fails to make me stop and take a photo of it to preserve for posterity.

It sits right smack by the busy Jalan Kemaman in Terengganu and I am a fan of such old buildings. Can you see the roofing of the house?

It has these spear like wooden carvings sticking up at the ends of the roof. I see many houses in Terengganu having these peculiar fixtures. Only in Terengganu, I suppose?

















As it was Friday, I stopped over at the Masjid Kemaman to join my fellow Muslims for the Jumaat prayers.








































After prayers I stayed on to take more photos of this beautiful masjid and caught the Bilal in action folding up the prayer carpets for storage.

I then left the masjid and continued on our journey. We stopped over for lunch and then headed towards Kijal Beach, Terengganu.

















Upon reaching Kijal Beach, we were awed by the sight of the huge Celcom Satellite Dish located there. The location of the awesome Celcom satellite dish is strategically placed to receive the telecommunications signals and there is a transmitting tower just besides it.

I read somewhere that there would be radio waves emitting from the telecommunications towers that have a tendency to cause a form of brain cancer to those living in the nearby surroundings or in close proximity to the transmitting towers so that might explain why such a station is built faraway from the kampongs there?

Anyway, we moved on and captured these following sights to share with you.

















These are fir saplings being grown on the beaches of Kijal Beach to help shore up the beach from erosion by the sea waves and as a future shady area for beach goers. At first we thought these 'tepee' like enclosures were turtle hatcheries. :P

















A kind of carefree mood envelops us when we are by the open sea and stretches of golden sandy beaches devoid of the hustle and bustle of KL city life.

















The bright sun shining down upon us, the refreshing sea breeze that takes away our concerns and accumulated stress of being city dwellers plus the kampong scenery just becomes so remedial to the likes of me who at heart remain as a kampong chap no matter that I now live in Kuala Lumpur, the nation's capital and ever growing metropolis, teeming with people coming from all over the nation and also from the neighboring countries and from the Asian subcontinent.

















It's really important for KL city dwellers like me to take a break every now and then and escape to rest and recuperate in places like Terengganu Darul Iman and Pahang Darul Makmur.


































Can't say much for Kelantan Darul Naim as we didn't actually get a chance to know the state proper despite reaching Kota Bharu deep in the night and failing to get accommodation anywhere in Kota Bharu and its suburbs due to the full house no vacancy situation. That was a real bummer!

The next morning, after my subuh prayers at Masjid Muhammadi, Kota Bharu and our McDonalds KB breakfast, we decided to high tail our way out of Kelantan and return to Dungun, Terengganu where we were lucky to finally get accommodation at a brand new 5 star beach resort which had opened for business just 3 days ago!

The Ulek Beach Resort at the Dungun Beach, Terengganu was just pure heaven @ metaphorically speaking and a delightful place to be after our failure to get accommodation in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Syukur Alhamdulillah.

To be continued. Insya Allah.
Post a Comment