Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Monday, October 13, 2008

Mahaguru58's 'Jalan Jalan' ke Singapura' Pt.1

Assalamualaikum dear brothers and sisters,

I am now on a short holiday trip down south in Singapore with my spouse in conjunction with my 50th birthday celebration.

Singapore has surely changed so much since I last worked here from 1980 to '86. I was with my youngest brother Nasirudin here in November last year when we came down to purchase his desired sport rims for his brand new Toyota Camry.

This trip around is more of a 'Jalan jalan cari makan' sort of a trip. Insya Allah, if Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala permits me, I'd be traveling to the holy lands with my spouse in the near future and then make sightseeing trips to the neighbouring Asean nations.

Here is a short movie compilation of video clips that I took of the Lau Pa Sat Satay Power night market at Boon Tat Link that I managed to snap last night. Great architecture and preservation efforts to keep the place looking spiffy as it was way back then but still equipped with modern amenities.


Lots of construction projects taking place around the area. Singapore is in a perpetual state of transformation, I must say. One thing though, the island republic is surely one dynamic place as far as the infrastructure development is concerned.

Let me start recollecting what I saw the moment we drove up to the Woodlands Checkpoint at the Johor Bahru Causeway.
















This is the scene of cars queuing up to enter Singapore from the Johor Causeway.

One odd thing that struck me is the way our Immigration officers at the JB Immigration Checkpoint just waved us through without even taking a look at our passports!

What is the purpose of having them there then? 'Makan gaji buta?' Sheeesh!!!!

Another embarrassing thing is the poor state of the roads in that checkpoint. There are so many potholes there that will surely throw your car's alignment out of tune if you are so unfortunate to drive into them unsuspectingly?

Really something that our Malaysian authorities ought to rectify immediately. Why is this so?

It's like driving from a 3rd world country to a 1st world republic! Yet we have our bloody political leaders brag about 'Malaysia Boleh'? 'Boleh lingkop' if you ask me?

I am not saying that Singapore is free from faults or whatever but hello? We really need to buck up and rectify these situations.

Do we even have to wonder about why some folks in Singapore look down on us?

Even I am so bloody frustrated to see our lackadaisical non performing Malaysian Immigration, Customs and Police officers who are the best example of people who don't deserve to receive their monthly salaries and use it to feed themselves and their families!

I don't even want to start comparing the attitude and professionalism that the Singapore Immigration, Customs and Police at the Woodlands Checkpoint exhibit compared to our missing authorities at the JB side!

Really shameful I must say!

This has been the same from even before Merdeka! This 'tidak apa' mentality that the folks who are supposed to be manning our side of the checkpoints.

Sucks big time! Malaysia memang 'eksyen saja boleh!' How come no Malaysian leader has never done anything to change this embarrassing situation at the Johor Bahru checkpoint? Are they deaf, dumb and blind to the sorry state of affairs there?

Oh! I forget. Those idiots who call themselves as VVIP's must surely have been chauffeured in comfort through the express special lanes and wouldn't even have noticed the daily hassles that both Malaysians and Singaporeans go through at our so called checkpoints!

Another thing I don't understand is why the JB side has a 'toll' of RM2.90 to be paid by any motorist driving through the dirty, pot holed, chaotic roads at the checkpoint?

Not that I can't or won't pay such a toll but surely it is ridiculous to charge toll there for what is not even up to PLUS Highway standards or even local road standards in most parts of our country?

Stupid I must say whoever came up with this idea to charge toll for what must surely be a major disappointment as far as road management is concerned. More like a classic case of mismanagement of those who are supposed to be in charge there. JKR buta kah?
















The difference of standards in law enforcement between Malaysia and Singapore is so obvious the minute you drive into the Singapore Woodlands Checkpoint.

Singapore has so many cameras and detection devices installed that scan our car number plates and flash them up on a big electronic board at the Customs area.

Young, alert officers come up and check our car boots whilst remaining professional in their duty whereas in the Johor side, no one even bothered to come take a look or even inspect our cars?

As my motto has always been, the Truth must be told no matter what so that Justice has a chance to live.

As far as I can see it, our Malaysian Checkpoint is surely the worst this side of the world! I don't give a shit to those who keep on pretending that all's well at our side. Face the facts.

JB Immigration Checkpoint sucks!

Gilaaaaaa!

More brickbats at our Malaysian side coming after this!
Post a Comment