Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Saturday, May 09, 2009

East Coast Escapade - Our favorite sojourn

Assalamualaikum dear brothers and sisters,

Alhamdulillah, we are back in the East Coast of the Malaysian Peninsular. Attending a wedding feast of my wife's relative in Kuantan, her hometown.

We reached Kuantan on Thursday evening. After checking in to our hotel room, we then proceeded to Kemaman, where a very enthusiastic 4 year old had been waiting with full anticipation for his 'Atok Uncle' to come settle his pc woes. :P

For those who have yet to know, this 4 year old is none other than Muhammad Amir Rafiq bin Mohd Rafee bin Harith, my wife's grand nephew.

He lives in Telok Kalong, Kemaman, Terengganu. For a 4 year old, this little whiz kid is quite advanced for his age and takes to the personal computer like a duck taking to water. Hehehehe..

When we reached Amir's home, he was already waiting excitedly and a broad wide grin broke out on his face and he greeted us so warmly. 'Excited giler' was his mom's words for the young chap had been pestering her since the last two months asking when was 'Atok Uncle' coming?

We last visited him in March and I had fixed his internet connectivity problem then. This time around, I saw that he had been downloading Yahoo Games and in a way, swamped his desktop with so many icons, etcetera.

Inadvertently, Amir had downloaded a Trojan virus which had wormed its way into his pc's system, slowing down its performance.

I ran the Avast Antivirus and promptly traced the Trojan virus which I immediately deleted and removed from Amir's pc. I then ran the CCleaner in total for there were many boxes which Amir or some other user of the pc had unchecked, thus not getting to such areas where viruses could enter and remain entrenched affecting the computer's performance.

Alhamdulillah, I managed to get his computer back to its tip top performance level and set up a Systems Restore point.

I coached Amir's dad on how to restore the pc back to it's peak performance point if the pc acts up again due to any virus attacks or Amir inadvertently does something wrong to his computer.

Thanks be to Microsoft Windows for such a system. :)

Will be following up with pictures and videos of Amir after this for its time for us to go out for our breakfast.

It's been a very exciting day yesterday @ Friday. I came across many interesting things ; a wild boar dead in front of a house, a 70 plus old man dehusking hundreds of coconuts, wild monkeys frolicking on the roads, lots of goats, cows, water buffaloes, Sea Gypsies, etc.

We also drove up to Pekan, Pahang and even explored the kampongs all the way to Tanjong Agas.

Tanjong Agas has many mangrove swamps and unique scenes that brought back my memories of my now obliterated seafront village in East Jelutong, Penang Island.

Check later for such reports and see for yourselves sceneries that you would never find in KL! :D

Till later, Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Post a Comment