Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Earth Song by Michael Jackson ~ Environmental Disaster Message



Michael Jackson - Earth Song

Lyric:

What about sunrise?
What about rain?
What about all the things,
That you said we were to gain?
What about killing fields?
Is there a time?
What about all the things,
That you said was yours and mine?

Did you ever stop to notice,
All the blood we've shed before?
Did you ever stop to notice,
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Aah............... Oo...........
Aah............... Oo...........

What have we done to the world?
Look what we've done.
What about all the peace,
That you pledge your only son?
What about flowering fields?
Is there a time?
What about all the dreams,
That you said was yours and mine?

Did you ever stop to notice,
All the children dead from war?
Did you ever stop to notice,
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Aah............... Oo...........
Aah............... Oo...........

I used to dream.
I used to glance beyond the stars.
Now I don't know where we are.
Although I know we've drifted far.

Aah............... Oo...........
Aah............... Oo...........
Aah............... Oo...........
Aah............... Oo...........

Hey-yea!
What about yesterday?
What about the seas?
The heavens are falling down.
I can't even breathe!
What about apathy?
I can feel its wounds.
What about nature's worth?
It's our planet's womb!

What about animals?
We've turned kingdoms to dust,
What about elephants?
Have we lost their trust?
What about crying whales?
Ravaging the seas.
What about forest trails?
Burnt despite our pleas!

What about the holy land?
Torn apart by creed.
What about the common man?
Can't we set him free?
What about children dying?
Can't you hear them cry?
Where did we go wrong?
Someone tell me why!

What about baby boy?
What about the days?
What about all their joy?
What about the man?
What about the crying man?
What about Abraham?
What about death again?
Do we give a damn?!

~~~~

I don't know about you but every time I watch this hit music video from the late Michael Jackson, my tears flow as I grieve and sense the harsh reality of what his song laments about?

The disasters that Man has brought to this once beautiful Earth! How pleasing to the eye the forests were? Sadly, one by one, the forests are being destroyed by Man in his endless quest to urbanize the wild. Wild but abundant with what we really need?

Precious life saving sources of potable water, herbs and medicinal plants, all forms of food and resources that if preserved and maintained will be an endless source for all our needs.




















Such a sight is slowly becoming rare as Mankind races with each other to make it bare!


















Every time I drive past the hills devoid of trees and vegetation along my nation's highways, my heart cries with sorrow, thinking of how many different species of flora and fauna that once thrived in those tropical jungles are now no more?



















I weep in my heart for I know that as a simple layman devoid of power and influence, I can do nothing much to save the forests and hills of my country.

The politicians greedily rampage through the timber rich forest reserves as they please in the name of development but destroy the precious nature that gives us our sustenance.

The rivers are polluted beyond help. The streams dry up choking the life of the animals which depend on them to continue living. The birds, bees, insects, and all forms of life die away as Man ruthlessly brutalizes the green Earth and turn them into desolate dry earth out of their greed.


















In some places, rivers have been so heavily polluted that they are now open stinking sewers.

Look at the photo above showing kids swimming in such filthy waters!

Click on the photo to view it larger in full detail!

You will then see the reality of what happens to rubbish thrown indiscriminately into the drains that lead out to the rivers?

Malaysians nowadays don't give a damn about littering! Only a very few care about the environment. Those who have seen drivers chuck out their cigarette butts and other litter out of their car windows on the highway know what I am talking about?

Earth Song by MJ ought to awaken those who are so irresponsibly destroying our precious environment.

Don't wait till its too late!
Post a Comment