Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur. Ramadan 1430 AH. (Updated)

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

I would like to share with you some visuals that I managed to snap when I was in Kuantan, my wife's hometown last weekend.

We stayed at Shahzan Inn. This hotel is located right smack in the middle of the Kuantan City and offers breathtaking views of the capital city of Pahang Darul Makmur, the largest state of the Malaysian Peninsular.

This is a shot of the early morning view of Kuantan with the State Mosque in silhoutte.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

The sky is getting brighter and the air is just so fresh and invigorating. Birds are chirping energetically and the general atmosphere is just so highly charged with the starting of a brand new day.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

It is true that early birds do get to catch the proverbial worm. As far as a blogger and aspiring shutterbug like me, getting to record such exhilarating vistas is truly an opportune moment not to be missed.

If I can get these shots using just a compact digital camera @ Nikon S200 Coolpix, just imagine what I might be able to do with a state of the art Digital SLR camera?

I really look forward to the day when I might be able to do just that, Insya Allah.

Here's a video I shot showing a 360 degrees all around the field opposite the glorious mosque.



Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

The Pahang State Mosque in all its glory. A magnificent masjid that remains as the most beautiful building in Kuantan. A sanctuary for tired souls who congregate in it to worship the Almighty Lord of us all, Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

'Assolatu jamiah!' The call to prayer. The invitation to the Believers to join in prayer worshiping the only True God, Allah Rabbul Jalil, the Supreme Creator.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

The Ramadan Bazaar traders. Each with their own unique wares and goods that are found only in this most sacred of months in the Islamic Hijrah calendar.

The crispies trader. All kinds of fritters which are known locally as 'keropok' or 'kerepek'.

Most are made of local ingredients such as tapioca and grains. The favorite would be the fish crackers for they are made of freshly caught fish off the teeming rich waters of the South China Sea by local fishermen.

These packs of fritters are being sold 4 for RM10. Not a bad price, if I may say so myself!
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com
Next, we have the dates seller. All kinds of dates or 'kurma' are being sold here imported from the Middle Eastern countries.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

We then have the local Eid biscuits on sale. We call it as 'Biskut Raya'. When I was a kid, I used to help my sisters in baking them.

Those biscuits which got burnt or not up to the standards set by my sisters will usually be saved aside for me to polish them off after breaking fast. Hehehehe...talk about purposely letting a few get damaged in the process....

Hahahaha...those were the days!
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Close up shot of a pack of Malay Raya biscuits.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Two young siblings getting ready to do business. Selling dates and other foodstuffs.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Realizing of his being photographed, the young boy breaks into a smirk and looks at his sister.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

A few Kuantan Malays resting under a tree there posing for yours truly.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Amiable pleasant mannered folks such as these gentlemen are a plenty over there in the Malaysian Peninsular's East Coast. May they remain so forever.

Ameen.
Post a Comment