Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Farhan AF4's Aidilfitri Invitation to us.

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

I have been terribly busy with my life in this festive month of Syawal where invitations to 'open houses' are still coming my way and I have been trying my best to attend such invitations as best as I possibly can, Alhamdulillah!

One of the invitations came from Farhan, one of the Akademi Fantasia 4 stars.

I came to meet Farhan by chance when we both were having our meals at Linda Onn's My Mom's Chicken Rice at Tesco Ampang.

By that I would like to clarify that I was with my missus there and it so happened that Farhan and her family were also having their meals at My Mom's Chicken Rice, Tesco Ampang.

Unlike many other celebrities, Farhan is quite humble and never fails to show her respect to me as an elder and also as one of her many ardent fans!

This is one of my favorite Farhan performances.

Sayang Di Sayang, a keroncong hit back in the days of Kartina Dahari, the original singer.

It so happens that Farhan is quite a close friend of Suraiza Abdul Razak, wife of Azizul Azmi Mutalib, one of my wife's nephew, father of Rayyan Iskandar, our grand nephew.

You can say it's a small world and Almighty Allah brings together those whom He Wills to meet and make acquaintance. Alhamdulillah!

So, after getting the invitation from Farhan to attend her function at her parent's place at Pandan Indah, we confirmed our attendance and went to the majlis.

This is myself in one of my latest outfits. It's a traditional Malay suit. Fashioned by Jafiqa Couture Boutique in Langkawi, Kedah. Cotton linen.

I bought it when we went shopping at the Aidilfitri Fiesta at the Kompleks Kraftangan Jalan Conlay, KL.

First ever Baju Melayu Johor in my possession. Even bought a Paulini Heritage Craft brooch to complete the outfit! :P

That's a first too! Hahahaha..when did I ever buy myself a brooch to complement my outfit?

Never before. Just this once!
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

This is Farhan with myself. A great young lady. Fantastic singer. Humble and unassuming.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com
I met Ramli Sarip, the legendary 'Papa Rock' at Farhan's function. He too was quite cordial and down to earth.
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com
I have met Ramli Sarip in person a couple of years before during one of ANSARA's annual gathering at the PWTC. True rocker!
Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Farhan, her dad and myself.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

There are more pictures worth sharing but the image hosting service is pretty much overloaded right now, so these will just have to do for now.

Will upload more later.
Post a Comment