Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mahaguru58 is 51 years old today!

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

51 years ago on this date, I was born at Jalan Perak, Penang Island. I was named Zainol Abideen.

Meaning ' Decoration of those in Faith'. Named after the great grandson of the Blessed Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam, Imam Zain al Abid Deen, son of Imam Hussein bin Sayyidina Ali ibni Abi Talib, cousin and son in law of the Greatest Messenger of Allah. Sayyidina Ali married the Blessed Prophet's daughter Sayyidatina Fatima Az Zahra.

My birth was registered at the Penang Maternity Hospital.

Registered to study at the Jelutong English School. Studied there from 1965 to 1970. Offered a place at the prestigious Penang Free School but financial circumstances forced my guardian @ late eldest brother to choose Sekolah Menengah Abdullah Munshi, Jalan Caunter Hall, Penang instead.

Left school in 1976 and started working as a moneychanger's apprentice at AMM Syed Ibrahim, Pitt Street, Penang.

Later on, I was offered a better paying job at Saleh Jewellers forex trading section and worked there for a couple of years before heading off to Singapore in 1980.

Worked various jobs in Singapore being young and adventurous. Was there till 1986 when I was amongst the hundreds of thousands of Malaysians who had to return home to the peninsular as a result of a tiff between Malaysia and Singapore over our nation's protest over Singapore's hosting of the then Israeli President's official state visit to the island republic!

In a sense, Singapore depends on our water supply to survive and for them to be inconsiderate over our feelings about the Zionist regime incurred the wrath of UMNO who raised a vehement protest and threatened to cut off the water supply to the island republic.

That caused the island republic to respond by sending us home and relationship between Malaysia and Singapore reached a record low.

Back in Malaysia, I worked as an insurance agent for Asia Insurance for a while in Johor Bahru till I met by chance a boria delegation from my village at Jalan Kota Giam, East Jelutong, Penang who came to perform at the Pesta Dendang Rakyat organised by RTM at the Dewan Jubli Intan, JB.

Boria was quite popular during those days and Penang was the only state in Malaysia who were quite active in performing it.

My best friend, Wan Ali Mohamad persuaded me to follow them home and the rest is history.

So here I am 51 years old today and looking forward to a promising future, depending on how I work towards attaining it.

I would like to express my gratitude to all my sisters for raising me up and to my brothers Allahyarham Muhammad Ibrahim and Mohd Kassim for raising me as well.

To all my teachers and syeikhs, I thank you for what you have taught me. May Jannah be your reward.

To all those who are my friends, I thank you for your support.

To you my blog reader and supporter, my heartfelt gratitude and sincere appreciation.

To those who hate my guts and way of speaking up for Islam and the Muslims of the world, thank you for keeping me alert and on my guard. In a way, you help me to sharpen my skills and equip me better to deal with the likes of you.

In short, we all need each other to make this life worth living. Don't we?

Mahaguru58 wishes you all well and hopes to be able to perform my Hajj with my darling in the near future. Do pray for us to be able to do that, soon. Insya Allah.

In the event of my departure from this life, I leave to you my thoughts here in this blog and in my You Tube account @ http://www.youtube.com/user/mahaguru58

In the meantime, let's have a more productive life while we still can.

Have a nice day and wish this 51 year old as you please.

May Allah bless us all.

Wassalamualaikum Warahmatulillahi Ta'ala Wabarakatuh.
Post a Comment