Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, respected readers and fellow bloggers.
I am referring to the subject matter of Kaffirs who wish to call their deities as 'Allah'!
This has been an issue of contention between the Christian Catholic Church here in Malaysia and our Islamic Development Department of Malaysia ~ JAKIM and also The Home Ministry.
The Catholic Church of Malaysia has even gone to the extent of suing the Malaysian Government for disallowing them to use the word or term of 'Allah' to be used as the name of their deity or object of worship in their weekly church publication, The Herald Magazine.
We read that the majority of Malaysian Catholics are not happy with the banning of using the word 'Allah' in their publications.
I read an article attributed to Dr. Muhd Nur Manuty, Chairman of the Religious Understanding Bureau, of Parti KeADILan Rakyat, dated 22nd November, 2009 that has been published by a blogger friend of mine, here.
I followed the link and saw that the article is actually written and published by Dr. Mohd Nur Manuty, a former ABIM President.
His points of view may please the Christians and other Kaffirs but I think that it is important that we look at it in depth and try to understand what the Quran really has to say about the matter?
To those who are quick to swallow such a statement that someone from amongst the Muslim community who comes forth and says it's not only okay but absolutely quite positive to have Non Muslims address their deities as Allah, I would strongly advice that they also need to look at the issue from the true Islamic perspective.
To the average person, the Quranic verse from Surah Az Zumar Chapter 39 Verse 38 and the other from Surah Al Imran Chapter 3 Verse 64 that Dr.Manuty quoted might come across as giving the Christians or any other Kaffirs the right to call upon their deities as Allah but to me, I would advice my fellow Muslims and also concerned Christians to ponder upon what the other following verses of the Surah Al Imran truly has to convey?
38. Wala-in saaltahum man khalaqa alssamawati waal-arda layaqoolunna Allahu qul afaraaytum ma tadAAoona min dooni Allahi in aradaniya Allahu bidurrin hal hunna kashifatu durrihi aw aradanee birahmatin hal hunna mumsikatu rahmatihi qul hasbiya Allahu AAalayhi yatawakkalu almutawakkiloona
38. If indeed thou ask them who it is that created the heavens and the earth, they would be sure to say, "(Allah)". Say: "See ye then? The things that ye invoke besides Allah,- can they, if Allah wills some Penalty for me, remove His Penalty?- Or if He wills some Grace for me, can they keep back his Grace?" Say: "Sufficient is Allah for me! In Him trust those who put their trust."Surah Az Zumar, Chapter 39 Verse 38, Holy Al Quran Al Karim.
Sūra 3: Āl-i-’Imrān, or the Family of ’Imrān
Section 7 (64-71)
64. Qul ya ahla alkitabi taAAalaw ila kalimatin sawa-in baynana wabaynakum alla naAAbuda illa Allaha wala nushrika bihi shay-an wala yattakhitha baAAduna baAAdan arbaban min dooni Allahi fa-in tawallaw faqooloo ishhadoo bi-anna muslimoona
64. Say: "O People of the Book! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. That we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).
65. Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?
66. Ah! Ye are those who fell to disputing (Even) in matters of which ye had some knowledge! but why dispute ye in matters of which ye have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and ye who know not!
67. Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.
68. Without doubt, among men, the nearest of kin to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Messenger and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.
69. It is the wish of a section of the People of the Book to lead you astray. But they shall lead astray (Not you), but themselves, and they do not perceive!
70. Ye People of the Book! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, of which ye are (Yourselves) witnesses?
71. Ye People of the Book! Why do ye clothe Truth with falsehood, and conceal the Truth, while ye have knowledge?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
In discussing this matter, it is important that those of us, who are capable of rational thought and reasoning, be crystal clear as to the subject of faith in Almighty Allah and that of His Creation which those who are Kaffirs have faith in as their god or deities?
In Surah Az Zumar, Chapter 39 Verse 38, Almighty Allah says : "If indeed thou ask them who it is that created the heavens and the earth, they would be sure to say, "(Allah)". Say: "See ye then? The things that ye invoke besides Allah,- can they, if Allah wills some Penalty for me, remove His Penalty?- Or if He wills some Grace for me, can they keep back his Grace?" Say: "Sufficient is Allah for me! In Him trust those who put their trust."
If we who are Muslims ~ Believers in Allah ask the Kaffirs @ Disbelievers in Allah as to who it is that has created the heavens and the earth, the Kaffirs would be sure to answer 'Allah'.
This is what Almighty Allah says.
Yet those who deny Him being Almighty God of us all will not accept Him being the Almighty and Supreme Creator of us all.
So comes the question as to which 'Allah' are they asking to be allowed to address as their god or deity?
I would like to ask the Muslim reading this?
Is there any other supreme being whom we can call as Allah?
Preposterous, isn't it?
Surely, there is none save for Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala!
Any Muslim who comes up with saying that it is allowed by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala Himself for the Kaffirs to address whatever it is that they submit themselves to as 'Allah' are only misleading themselves and those misguided fellow members of the human kind.
"The things that ye invoke besides Allah,- can they, if Allah wills some Penalty for me, remove His Penalty?- Or if He wills some Grace for me, can they keep back his Grace?"
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala clearly points out that 'The things' that the Kaffirs invoke besides Allah!
Now, to those who can understand what it is that Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala is saying, must come to acknowledge that 'the things' that the Kaffirs are calling upon do not have the right to be addressed as Himself.
Crystal clear prohibition there.
How can we who are Muslims allow the Kaffirs to go ahead and address their deities or idols as 'Allah' when Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala condemns those who worship His Creation or any other deity instead?
It is the duty of Muslims to help guide our fellow Children of Adam Alaihis Salam to the truth and assist them in coming to terms of realizing that there is none other worthy of worship than Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
To allow our fellow humans to continue believing in something other than Allah and then to go ahead and declare that it is okay for them to call upon the things that they submit themselves to as 'Allah' is tantamount to assisting them in their disbelief and acts of Kufr towards Ar Rahman!
As a Muslim, we are enjoined by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala to :
125. Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord (Al Islam) with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.Surah An Nahl Chapter 16 Verse 125, Holy Al Quran Al Karim.
How can we be content with allowing our fellow Children of Adam to carry on with their disbelief and go on misleading themselves into calling other things as 'Allah'?
Surely, we will be guilty of compliance with such Disbelief and taken to task later in the Yaum al Mahsyar for not doing our duty of calling all mankind to Allah's Way?
Those of us who do not help our brothers and sisters who have yet to come and learn about Allah Azza Wa Jalla will stand guilty of neglecting our roles as the Da'ee's and Da'eeyah's of Ar Rahman!
We who declare ourselves to be the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam should not fool ourselves that we have done our part by just letting our fellow mankind who have yet to see the light of Al Islam go ahead and continue in their disbelief towards Allah, by allowing them to call upon other makhluk @ creation as 'Allah'.
Can you understand what I am trying to share here?
To me, there is nothing to be considered as being positive when we who are Muslims know for sure that our misguided fellow Children of Adam are deluding themselves with believing in something that is not Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala as we have come to believe in Him.
Misguidance can never come to be accepted as something positive.
How can we who are Muslims allow our fellow beings to call upon something that is not Ar Rahman as 'Allah' and contend ourselves that it is good and positive?
What have we done to share the true teachings of Islam with them?
We tend to dwell that we have done our part in Dakwah Al Islamiyyah when in actuality, we have done zilch.
We beguile ourselves that we have carried out Islamic Information efforts when the reality is that a majority of our fellow citizens do not truly understand what Islam is all about?
We come up with such statements saying that it's okay for Kaffirs to go ahead and address their deities and gods as Allah when they do not believe in Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala as we do?
I say that it isn't fair for us to allow our fellow mankind to worship something else and call that something as Allah when it simply isn't so!
Please do your part in sharing the truth about Allah the Almighty and use your God given intelligence to explain about what we Muslims have come to accept and learn about Him.
Insya Allah, then we may see some of our fellow citizens here come to realize the difference between the thing that they wish to address as 'Allah' and as to who truly is our Lord and Master?
I would like to share with you a video that I took of the Director General of the Islamic Development Department of Malaysia where Dato' Hj Wan Mohd bin Dato' Sheikh Abdul Aziz explained to the media as to what the Islamic point of view with regard to the subject matter of the term ' Allah' being misused to call other entities as 'Allah'?
Try and understand what the Director General of JAKIM is saying here?
May Allah bless and guide us all.
Wabillahi Taufik Wal Hidayah.
Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Ta'ala Wabarakatuh.