Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Tanjong Api, Kuantan, Pahang

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

If there's one thing I notice ever since I started taking photos with the Nikon D5000 DSLR camera, is that I get people posing for me on their own free will.

* Click on the pictures to view them better in a new window.


















I didn't get that much enthusiasm from those who were in my lens viewfinder before.


















Hehehehe...call it what you will but the excitement is really there when I aim my lens at anyone whom I find interesting enough to take a shot with the obviously quite a professional piece of photographic equipment.


















People are just ever so willing to pose naturally here when they realize my aiming my camera lenses at them.



































That's quite a change. :)

I have had quite a few people stop and ask me as to which newspaper I am from?


















Here I am getting the 'thumbs up' from a passing motorist!

Maybe it's just the people here in the East Coast of the peninsular but the respect and natural warmth I feel from my subjects is just very encouraging. Alhamdulillah!

Using the Nikon D5000 surely gives me a brand new perspective in capturing the sights and visual delights that open up from behind the viewfinder of this camera.

Using the Nikon Coolpix 200 was different. I had to rely on the autofocus all the time and had to really use my skills in capturing certain shots and photo ops.

The DSLR which I have now been blessed to own is opening up a whole new vista for me in the field of digital photography. Syukur Alhamdulillah!

Now, let's see some nice views that I managed to capture at Tanjong Api, Kuantan, Pahang recently.

















This is a fishing vessel that is having its propeller repaired.



































The propeller is made of solid copper and looked really quite heavy. The boatyard operators were having quite a tough time fixing it back to the fishing boat.


















The sight of them working on it however made a good photo opportunity and yours truly didn't miss capturing it all for you.

When I was a young boy back in Penang, I used to see the boatyard operator besides my kampong, build and repair wooden lighters which were called 'tongkangs' at Lian Seng Shipyard at the very end of Jalan Tengku, East Jelutong.

I doubt whether such services are still available in this age of steel and fiberglass?


















This is a view of the Tanjong Api fishermen's jetty.

Quite picturesque if I may say so.

Will be publishing more interesting shots after this.

Insya Allah.
Post a Comment