Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Attaining peace of mind ~ is it a fallacy?

DSC_3143.JPG

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

I once had a friend ask me as to how do we attain peace of mind?

I replied that maybe it differs from person to person. This state of mind thinking that we are at peace with ourselves and our Maker?

But then again, how do we define that? Is it a self concluded state of acceptance that everything is fine with us despite the endless scratches and bumps we receive to our ego's when those near and dear or avowed enemies real or imagined cause us to feel inadequate or not up to mark as a person, an individual, etc?

So I shared with him that it could be that attaining peace within us could be a state of mind? A feeling that we imagine ourselves to be in?

I sometimes wonder about the state of mind of politicians?

How do they cope with the endless stream and torrents of criticism that heads their way from their critics both sides of the political divide and at the same time juggle with challenges to their persons and positions from just about everybody else?

It truly must be mind boggling. I shudder to even imagine being in their shoes.

For the average man like me, I try my level best to just ignore the naysayers. I'd keep their criticisms in my thoughts and ponder as to whether they are right but most of the times when I know for sure that they are wrong, just choose to ignore and forget about such faultfinders.

That my dear readers has been keeping me sane to this day.

Peace as I see it is an acquired state of mind. We are already living in the Age of Fitnah, trials and tribulations.

We don't need these faultfinders in our lives to mess up whatever little feelings of peace, harmony and tranquility we have managed to muster and bring ourselves to live within.

I know of a man whose wife drove him nuts by her constant nagging and faultfinding. Lucky for him, he became hard of hearing in his old age. That spared him of having to hear of her yak yakkety yak yak going on all day and night.

The old man is now free from such endless torments now that she's gone.

Wonder if he misses the endless nagging now that she's no longer around to drive him to near death. Death of his soul, that is.

We need peace and tranquility if we are to live to a ripe old age?

Faultfinders and critics are just a bloody nuisance. They give us no peace. To hell with them, I say.

Learn to go into ignore mode and switch off your mind from having to listen to or read about their bullshit.

Life is short dear brothers and sisters.

Attaining peace of mind is a personal choice. It's not a fallacy.

We have enough stress as it is living amongst the naysayers, faultfinders and bloody self praising narcissistic airheads we have living amongst us.

Best way to avoid driving ourselves nuts is to block them out and cocoon ourselves in our own private world of peace, harmony and tranquility by being one who submits to Allah, the Everlasting, Ever-comforting Supreme God of us all.

I recall the Surah Al Fajr Chapter 89 Verses 27 to 30 :

27. Ya ayyatuha alnnafsu almutma-innatu

27. (To the righteous soul will be said: "O (thou) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction!


28. IrjiAAee ila rabbiki radiyatan mardiyyatan

28. "Come back thou to thy Lord,—Well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him!


29. Faodkhulee fee AAibadee

29. "Enter thou, then, among my Devotees!


30. Waodkhulee jannatee

30. "Yea, enter thou My Heaven!


Try my dear brothers and sisters not to fall victim to your naysayers!

Avoid them like the plague for they offer you no respite or leave you be.

Peace after all is a state of mind that we can choose to be in?

All it takes is some willpower of our own and migrate away from all the useless ones coming to cause us unnecessary sufferings and tormenting of our minds and our souls.

I pray that you will succeed in finding your salvations here on Earth and in the Hereafter, Insya Allah.

Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Ta'ala Wabarakatuh.
Post a Comment