Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bida'ah al Lawwamah in the name of Sufism




The dangers of those associating and engrossing themselves with the various tariqah's out there without a firm base of belief in the true teachings of Al Islam will result in their falling prey to their nafs whilst beguiling themselves that all that they do in the name of Sufism is correct and not sinful!

Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam forewarned us about these dangers in his numerous hadiths yet not that many amongst his ummah have taken heed of his warnings and have become amongst those who actively involve themselves in acts that can only be termed as Bida'ah al Lawwamah @ the Accursed Innovations.

Now, it is important that those of us who are Muslims know the difference between what is allowable in our quest to purify our selfs by engaging in the worship and glorifying of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and in respecting our beloved Prophet Muhammad, Rasulullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam that we do not go overboard in such ibadah by staying within what Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and His Messenger have revealed for us in Al Islam.

I myself ventured into the Tariqah Naqsyabandiah when I was back in Penang and learned about the spiritual realm from the Sufi masters.

I gained a lot of info about the spiritual aspects of our faith yet at the same time became aware of the excesses that some of the sufi mureeds brought upon themselves by over adulation and glorification of the masters.

That made me slowly but surely keep myself from falling into the same levels as those whose actions could only be classified as bida'ah al lawwamah.

The Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam forbade us from going overboard in our ibadah and also in over glorification of himself.

Thus, it is enjoined upon us to not do what the Blessed Messenger refrained from especially in the matter of worship?

Be moderate in all that we do in the name of Allah. The videos above are but an example of such deviations from the Sunnah of Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam.

Always check and recheck as to the legitimacy of whatever acts of worship that we want to do?

Make sure that it is permissible in Al Islam.

May Allah bless and guide us all.

Ameen.
Post a Comment