Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Al Fatihah! Legendary Isa Bakar, one of Malaysia's Football Heroes Dies.

Al Fatihah! A legend of Malaysia's Football world has passed away. Isa Abu Bakar @ Isa Bakar passed away yesterday in Penang. He was 58.


I do not know Isa Bakar in person but I am a friend of his elder brother, (Rtd) former Assistant Commissioner of Police Tuan Osman Bakar.


I can only remember how when Isa Bakar had the ball at his feet, the opposing team's goalkeeper would surely be hard pressed to stave off his fiery strikes into the net!


These was in the *70's when legends such as Allahyarham Isa Bakar, Allahyarham Mokhtar Dahari, Namat Abdullah, Dato Soh Chin Aun, Santokh Singh, the late David (Spiderman) Arumugam and many others used to represent Malaysia in our national team and made us as a nation be so proud of them in the world of competitive football back then.


Nothing much to be proud of the Malaysian team lately.


I'd like to express my heartfelt condolences to the family of Arwah Isa Bakar.



Malaysia has lost another precious son of this soil.

May his soul rest in peace.

Ameen.


In this photo: Soh Chin AunMat Shah NorbitMokhtar DahariMohamad BakarHanafiah AliWong Choon WahSantokh SinghWan ZawawiShukor SallehIsa BakarHamzah SaidinHarun Jusoh,R.ArumugamAli BakarUmaparanNamat Abdullah



*corrected.
Post a Comment