Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, August 29, 2010

If Islam is the only true faith from Almighty Allah, why do Muslims still....?

There are many questions about Islam being raised by many around the world including those who have reverted to it from other faiths.


One of those reverts to Islam is my online friend, the learned Cikgu Nur Aliya Yeoh Abdullah who says that many of her Non Muslim friends asked her these following questions :
  1. Why do you want to embrace Islam when its gonna demand that you observe so many prayer rituals and obligations if compared to other faiths? You'll need to pray 5 times a day, fast (in Ramadhan), cover your modesty, etcetera?
  2. If Islam is so good, why is it that so many Muslims turn out to be Mat Rempits @ Highway Hooligans, drug addicts, robbers, rapists, fornicators, baby dumpers, etc? Doesn't that show that Islamic teachings has its obvious shortcomings?
  3. Why do Muslims wage war or quarrel against each other when it is said to be a religion of peace? Between politicians, neighbors or even between family members? If Islam is truly good, surely Muslims wouldn't be squabbling amongst themselves but unite as one?
  4. Does Islam condone infighting and murder? The Jamaah Islamiyyah, Taliban, terrorists..are they all not Muslims?
  5. If I (the Non Muslim questioner) am to embrace Islam, where will I live if I am driven out from my family home (by my Non Muslim family)? How shall I live when I am being supported by my (non Muslim) family? I do not wish to live in any shelter far away from the urban life and lose my access to the internet and other facilities.
  6. Do I need to inform my family if I wish to embrace Islam? Or do I just embrace Islam discreetly?
  7. If I embrace Islam discreetly and then pretend not to be a Muslim in front of my family, doesn't that make me a sinner according to Islam for cheating my parents and other family members? Does Islam not teach its adherents to always be truthful?
  8. If I am to embrace Islam, I will then no longer be allowed to take part in my (Non Muslim) family's religious rituals and practices? In the event of my parents passing away, I won't be able to show my respect and honor them as a filial child according to my family's religious practices since Islam disallows any such observations on my part as a Muslim. How am I to face such a situation then?
  9. Those who are Non Muslims will accuse me of being an unfilial child and betrayer of my parents trust when I fail to observe unIslamic religious rituals and not show my parents the respect they deserve to be accorded by me if I am to embrace Islam against their wishes? Is it true that I will be a traitor and deemed to be an ungrateful child to my parents if I embrace Islam?
  10. Do I have to become a Malay if I embrace Islam where I will have to observe Malay cultures and custom and only speak Malay? How do I retain my Chinese identity but remain as a Muslim?
  11. Muslims declare that Islam is the only truthful religion and that Allah is the Omnipotent and only true God! What are the proofs that I can show my family to convince them who are so negative towards Islam?
Such are the various questions that Cikgu Aliya has posted in her blog. She is a fine example of one who would face all the questions listed above and has gone through the tests in her own personal life.


Now, I am not claiming to be the know all here in this blogosphere yet as a Muslim who blogs in the name of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and in the cause of Islam and the Muslims, I wish to attempt and try to answer these questions as best as I possibly can?


Let me start by addressing them one by one.


Here are my answers.


Question 1 :  Why do you want to embrace Islam when its gonna demand that you observe so many prayer rituals and obligations if compared to other faiths? You'll need to pray 5 times a day, fast (in Ramadhan), cover your modesty, etcetera?


My answer : The choice is entirely up to the individual concerned when it comes to embracing Islam as a Way of Life which is based upon the reality of understanding the faith and principles of Islam.


Islam is not something conjured up by mankind. It is the only faith that has been revealed by our Creator, Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala to our Father, the Prophet Adam Alaihis Salam, the first Man created by Allahu Ta'ala Himself with His own hands and breathed life into!


Allah the All Knowing Himself taught our Father Adam all that he needed to know about this life on Earth and appointed Adam Alaihis Salam to be Allah's Vicegerent in this mortal world.


This is proven by the revelation in Surah Al Baqarah Chapter 2 Verse 30 :

2:30
Sahih International
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."



To try and teach those who have yet to understand the concept of God and the realities of this physical world and that of the Unseen Realm would be quite an undertaking for human intelligence and logic differs from person to person and not everyone will be able to comprehend and realize such truth or knowledge of a creed which believes in an Unseen Creator.

Thus, I leave it to you to do your own studies and research further on this subject based upon your individual level of understanding about what I have shared here. You are most welcome to email me and state as to whatever it is that you don't understand about this subject?

To make it easier for those who can understand that God is not what one creates out of rocks or stone and then goes on and worships his or her own creation as their god, then I invite them to study about this field of faith here in Surah Al Ikhlas Chapter 112 Verses 1 to 4:










112:1
Transliteration
Qul huwa Allahu ahad
Sahih International
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,







112:2
Transliteration
Allahu assamad
Sahih International
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.







112:3
Transliteration
Lam yalid walam yoolad
Sahih International
He neither begets nor is born,







112:4
Transliteration
Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad
Sahih International
Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

Dear brothers and sisters,

Faith in Allah is something that only those whose hearts and minds are free from idol worship and animistic tendencies can affirm to.

Only those who spend time in study and research can afford to realize Allahu Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala's Majesty and Magnificence.

Those who can understand and contemplate about the detailed perfection of each and every creation of Allahu Rabbi, Who in His Benevolence has seen to it that even a microscopic cell is structured in such a way that baffles even the modern scientists of today?

Nothing is given to chance. Each living organism is created complete in its entirety by Allah's Will and Power.

How can we explain about the accuracies of Islam to those who sometimes don't even have the basic knowledge about even their own selfs?

In order to speak to the unlearned, one has to go down to their level of thinking which at times borders on the preposterous.

It would be better if we can speak to those who at least have a fair command of general knowledge and will be capable of understanding exactly whatever it is that we are sharing?

Thus, only those who are learned will be able to understand about Allah the Almighty and Islam. 

Ignorants will only befuddle themselves with all kinds of nonsensical beliefs or superstitions even if they are amongst those who are born as Muslims but fail to study and equip themselves with all the relevant knowledge and Ilm of Islam.


How many amongst the Muslim ummah really make an effort to study our faith? How many of our Malaysian Muslim youths take time to contemplate and ponder upon the meanings of the verses of the Holy Qur'an?


The blessed Al Qur'anul Kareem which is The Last and Final Testament or Guidance from Allah the Almighty, contains almost whatever we need to know or live by according to the tenets and principles of our faith.


Are there amongst the Muslims of today, those who devote their lives to learning the secrets of the Holy Al Quran al Kareem?








2:186
Transliteration
Wa-itha saalaka AAibadeeAAannee fa-innee qareebun ojeebu daAAwata addaAAiitha daAAani falyastajeeboo lee walyu/minoo beelaAAallahum yarshudoon
Sahih International
And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.

Answering the question # 1, any true Muslim should answer wholeheartedly that by embracing Islam the Deen of Allah we want to add credence and purpose to our lives here on Earth as those who believe in the Manhaj of Islam and submit ourselves both in body and in our souls to Allahu Ta'ala the Supreme Master and Creator of the entire universes.


We realize the need for ourselves to be in constant contact with our Lord and cherish the special one to one moments with our Maker when we stand, bow and prostrate in total submission to Him with our body and soul, seeking His Benevolence and Guidance for us to live this life as He so wishes and ordains for us.


We clothe ourselves and cover our modesty to elevate our beings to be of the status that He has bequeathed for us as His Vicegerents on this Earth and to bring honor and good repute to ourselves as believing members of Mankind.


To not be a Muslim will be the foulest decision that any righteous thinking Son or Daughter of Adam Alaihis Salam can ever make!


Thus should we say to those who question us as to why we choose to be amongst those in His Favor!


We pray 5 times a day seeking His Forgiveness for our sins committed knowingly or otherwise between each prayer time, cleansing our souls and attaining that spiritual bliss and peace of mind knowing firmly well that He, Ar Rahman Ar Raheem promises to purify us of our errors and grants us what we need as our providence in this earthly life and guarantees us our salvation in the Hereafter when we keep to our part of the Pledge of Allegiance and Submission to Him our Mighty Lord and Supreme Master.


Those are my answers to Question 1. I speak from my own conscience and years of seeking His Mercy through my life as one who calls to Islam and the Truth that it contains.


Its up to you my dear readers to do your own further studies on this matter and come to an understanding as to why Islam remains as our only Way to Achieve Success both here in this temporal earthly life and eternal hereafter?


May Allah bless and guide us all.


Ameen.


To be continued.
Post a Comment