This means ' peace be upon you!'
In the light of what the recent brouhaha raised by one Chua Soi Lek, the current President of the MCA ~ Malaysian Chinese Association has caused by his referring to the unwillingness of former teacher, Normala Sudirman, a Muslim woman candidate for PAS, the Islamic Party of Malaysia to go around shaking the hands of people, not halal for her to do so has inspired me to start this free basic course with regard to the 'Understanding of Islam for Non Muslims'.
I mean you can't totally blame Chua Soi Lek for failing to understand the right and wrong things to expect from a Muslim such as Cikgu Normala, can we?
Chua Soi Lek surely would not know all these things that we Muslims take seriously except for the likes of the Johor Menteri Besar Abdul Ghani Othman whom I heard has sort of insinuated that those who vote for PAS must be ready to see thieves in Johor get their hands chopped off in such an eventuality?
I can't for the life of me try to figure out just what kind of a Muslim would ever say such a thing?
Did the Johor Menteri Besar really truly say that?
God forbid! That would make the man a bloody hypocrite for the true punishment for purposeful theft by anyone out of greed and not dire necessity in order to survive would truly be the Hadd punishment.
That is what Islamic Syaria calls for?
Anyone who opposes such a law can't be considered a true Muslim and he or she ought to be brought to court and judged accordingly by the Syaria Court.
Until I get hold of a proper report or video recording of the Johor Menteri Besar saying such a thing, I'd reserve my point of views upon such a grievous matter and will in the meantime search for such evidence. Insya Allah!
Those of you who do have such proof, please email them to me at email@example.com. Thank you.
Now, back to what I had wanted to do. Share basic understanding of Islam with you my readers, both Muslim and those who are not or yet to be?
Islam is the Arabic word for Peace.
Assalamualaikum is the Islamic greeting which we use to greet anyone whom we meet or come across.
Those who receive such a greeting will reply or answer with ' Wa 'alaikum salam' which means ' And upon you be peace (also / too)!'
Now, isn't that the best kind of greeting that one would wish for?
Such is the kind of wellwishes that we who are Muslims are taught to give and receive by our Noble Messenger of Almighty Allah, the Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam.
Contrary to uninformed Western beliefs, Islam isn't a new form of faith or belief.
Islam is the very faith that God Almighty taught our Father, the Prophet Adam Alaihis Salam, the Father of all Mankind.
Islamic faith rests in the bedrock of belief that 'There is no other god but Allahu Ta'ala!'
That's the very essence of our creed. Only One God.
The prophets and messengers of Allah through the ages emphasized and taught their tribes and people of believing in only One True God!
Through the passage of Time, there came to be a total of 124,000 prophets and messengers of God.
Adam was the first prophet. After him came other prophets who continued his message to his progeny.
The authenticity of this figure can be traced back to this authentic hadith:
As for the exact number of prophets the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam was asked by Abu Dharr Radhiallahu Anhu, "O Messenger of Allah! What was the total number of prophets?" the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam replied, "124,000 and from amongst them 315 messengers!"
Read more here:
In Surah An Nisa Chapter 4 Verse 164 in the Holy Al Qur'an, Almighty Allah tells us :
TransliterationWarusulan qad qasasnahumAAalayka min qablu warusulan lam naqsushum AAalaykawakallama Allahu moosa takleema
Sahih InternationalAnd [We sent] messengers about whom We have related [their stories] to you before and messengers about whom We have not related to you. And Allah spoke to Moses with [direct] speech.
What does that tell us?
That there are many, many other things that Mankind have yet to learn and discover about our coming into being?
About many other realms of life that we have yet to know of those who lived before us save for what Almighty Allah Chooses to share with us through His countless prophets and messengers?
The Greatest Messenger of Almighty Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam encapsulates all that Allahu Ta'ala wants us Mankind to follow and put to practice in our lives here on Earth in preparation for our next realm of existence.
We learn from the Holy Prophet the names of 25 of these noble prophets and messengers of Allah who are mentioned by name in the Blessed Al Qur'an Al Kareem.
They are :
1. Ādam Alaihi Salam - He was the first human being to be created and is the father of all mankind. Came down to the Earth from Paradise ~ Jannah.
2. Idrīs/Enoch Alaihi Salam - He was the first prophet to whom the angel Jibrā`īl came to with revelation to guide the children of Ādam (as). He came after the Prophet Shīth Alaihi Salam.
3. Nūḥ/Noah Alaihi Salam - He was the first messenger to be sent to the Earth. He ordered his people stop worshipping idols and images and to worship Allah alone. He called them to Allah for 950 years, he was finally ordered to build the ark. Only a handful of people followed him and were saved the rest were drowned by the great flood even Nūḥ's own son.
4. Hūd Alaihi Salam - It is said that Hūd (as) was the first person to speak Arabic. He was sent to the people of ʿĀd in Yemen. His people were giants who lived in palaces with lofty pillars. His people were destroyed by a hurricane with fiercely cold winds.
5. Ṣāliḥ Alaihi Salam - He was sent to the people of Thamūd who lived in Madyan. They came after the people of Ād and were given the ability to carve their homes out of mountains. They killed the she-camel of Ṣāliḥ (as) and as a result were destroyed by an earthquake.
6. Ibrāhīm/Abraham Alaihi Salam - He is known as Khalīl al-Allah (the friend of Allah); the father of the prophets and the father of the three religions, Islām, Judaism and Christianity.
7. Lūṭ/Lot Alaihi Salam - He was the nephew of Ibrāhīm (as). He was sent to the people of Sodom on the western shore of the Dead Sea. Their town was turned upside down due to their shameful ways.
8. Ismāʿīl/ Ishmael Alaihi Salam - Was the son of Ibrāhīm (as) who was ordered to be given in sacrifice. And from his offspring's came the last and final prophet Muḥammad (ṣaw).
9. Isḥāq/Isaac Alaihi Salam - He was also the son of the prophet Ibrāhīm (as) All the prophet after him were from his offspring's except for Muḥammad (ṣaw).
10. Yaʿqūb/Jacob Alaihi Salam - Was the son of Ishāq (as). He is known as Isrā`īl and he had 12 children. The offspring's of these children are called Bani Isrā`īl.
11. Yūsuf/Joseph Alaihi Salam - Was the most beloved son of his father Yaʿqūb. There is a whole sūrah dedicated to his story.
12. Shuʿaib Alaihi Salam - He was sent to the people of the forest in Madyan.
13. Mūsa /Moses Alaihi Salam - Was sent to save the Banī Isrā`īl from Firʿaun. He was given many miracles e.g. splitting of the sea and turning his staff into snake. He was also given the Tawrah.
14. Hārun /Aaron Alaihi Salam - Was sent to the Firʿaun ~ Pharaoh along with his brother as a spokesman.
15. Dāwūd/David Alaihi Salam- He was the person who killed Goliath and then became a ruler and a prophet. He was given the Zabūr/Psalms.
16. Sulaymān/Solomon Alaihi Salam- Was a king who ruled the whole world and had the control of jinns. He was also able to understand the languages of the animals, insects and creatures.
17. Ayyūb/Job Alaihi Salam - Was tested by Allah, he lost all his wealth and children.
18. Dhul Kifl Alaihi Salam: Some mention he was the son of Ayyūb.
19. Yūnus/Jonah Alaihi Salam - The prophet who was swallowed by the whale after leaving his people fearing the punishment of Allah.
20. Ilyās/Elias Alaihi Salam - He was sent to the people of Baalek, West Damascus.
21. Al-Yasaʿ/Elisha Alaihi Salam - It is said that he was the cousin of Ilyās.
22. Zakariyyah/Zechariah Alaihi Salam - He was granted a son at a very old age.
23. Yaḥya/John Alaihi Salam - Was the son of Zakariyyah, and he was killed by his people.
24. ʿ Īsā ibn Maryam/Jesus the son of Mary Alaihi Salam - He was the Messiah sent to the Jews, he was granted many miracles, such as healing the ill, deaf, blind lepers and bringing the dead back to life by Allah's permission.
25. Muḥammad ibni Abdullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam - The Last and Final Prophet and Greatest Messenger of Allah. The leader of all the prophets and the greatest of all creation. The One whom is known to be the Rahmatulil Alamin ~ Mercy of Allah to the entire Creation.
For those of you amongst the entire Mankind who wish to truly learn about what Islam is and all that it has to offer for those who are willing to strive for such knowledge and understanding, then it takes some effort on your part to gain such wisdom and realizations that sets us apart from all other of Allah's Creation.
For those who want to know, please join me in the next session of Understanding Basic Principles of Islam where I will try not to overwhelm you with info that might just rock your world as you have come to know it and discover things that you might have not been told about this faith that is fast being accepted and claimed as the birthright of all Mankind worldwide!
Despite there being hordes of haters and biased deniers of Allah and His Blessed Messenger spreading their venom online and in the real world, we must also acknowledge the billions of human beings who are at the same time, embracing and accepting that there's just no other God but Allah the Almighty and striving against all odds to live the rest of their lives as true Muslims all over the world!
This Caller to Islam invites you to come learn with me about Islam in as simple and as clear a manner that I can possibly muster and help share with you about our birthright to be Muslims. :) Insya Allah! God Willing!
Not to claim that I have come to know and master everything that there is to know about Islam but just wishing to share with you what I myself have come to learn and am still learning about this wondrous world of peace and salvation that many fail to discover as they journey through their temporal lives here on Earth! This is as a result of either circumstances that prohibits them to learn and put to practice what Almighty Allah wants of us or just plain ignorance on their own part?
If you are willing to learn, this Caller to Islam is willing to share all that I have come to discover to be the Truth and nothing but what He wants us to know?
May Allah bless and guide us all.
See you in the next session.
"Allahumma inna nas aluka salamatan fid diin, wal afiyatan fil jasad, waziyadatan fil ilmi, wabarakatan fir rizqi, wataubatan qablal maut, warahmatan indal maut, wamaghfiratan ba'dal maut!"
"O Allah, our God, indeed we appeal to You to protect us in our religion and grant us our physical health, enhance our knowledge and bless us with bounties, give us a chance to repent before we die and bless us while we are about to die and forgive us after we die!"
Ameen. Ya Rabbal Alamin.
Grant us these O Allah, Lord of the Universes.