Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Mahaguru58's trip to the Malaysian Parliament ~ Movers, Shakers, Stirrers

Yesterday, I was at the Malaysian Parliament. I had the opportunity to take the following pictures. These are a few of the movers, shakers and stirrers consisting of both the government and opposition figures. 


I met and spoke to quite a number of cabinet ministers and also the opposition members of parliament plus a few of the lawyers who were there.
It would seem like PKR Supreme Council member, lawyer Latifah Koya is either hailing a cab or supporting PM Najib Tun Razak's '1Malaysia'?


Which would really be quite a surprise turn for the day...hehehehe..


Obviously, she wouldn't be caught dead doing so, would she? Well, the way, things happen in this world, we can never know!
It's Blackberry time! Seems like no one can escape being fixated with their cellular devices, eh?
The DAP Bukit Mertajam MP Chong Eng was dressed in a baju kurung. How sweet! Hehehehe.
YB Dato Dr Awang Adek Hussin, the Deputy Finance Minister. Exchanged contact numbers and cards with him.
YB Dato Zulkifli Noordin, the 'Riding MP' was eager to share his views with me about the 'Hudud' issue but he was running late for his session in the Parliament sitting and I was ready to go home so timing was not right for such an unplanned interview session. Take a rain check bro!
The Star's Executive Director / Group Chief Director Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai was happy to meet me again and exchanged some news and views with me about the blogosphere. We came to know each other through our online sparring over his writings concerning Islam and we became acquainted since then.
I met YB Nurul Izzah, the Lembah Pantai MP and who is also Anwar Ibrahim's eldest daughter for the first time face to face and when I greeted her and introduced myself, she was equally excited to finally meet 'Uncle Mahaguru58' for I had supported and blogged about her entry into politics back then. Nurul was quite courteous and exchanged contact numbers with me as well.
The Opposition MP's were there at the Parliament to support the GMI Chairman in his press conference to lobby for the immediate repeal of the Internal Security Act and to demand compensation for those who have been held and incarcerated under the ISA! :)

Reminds me of the Hindraf demands that the British Government pay each Indian here in Malaysia a cool RM1million as compensation...hehehehe.

The GMI chairman was saying something alike but I didn't quite catch it. I have a video recording of his speech but as I didn't have my camera tripod with me then, the visual recording wasn't stable enough to warrant me to upload it to the web.

Wishful thinking bro! Nothing of the sort is gonna happen! If it does, then truly it will be a miracle, so to speak! Every Ahmad, Ah Seng and Samy will be filing a lawsuit demanding compensation from the government as well!!! :D



Sivarasa Rasiah, the PKR Vice President was raising some points but due to the noise of the live Parliament session coming from the flat screen tv at the lobby, it was hard to hear what the opposition folks were saying! Such a press conference should be held in a much more noise pollution free surrounding or hall.
Latifah Koya looking directly at my camera lens. Here's looking at you kid!
YB Dato Bung Mokhtar Raden, the Kinabatangan MP and husband to actress Zizie Izzette being warmly greeted upon his arrival at the Parliament! 
Former MCA President YB Dato Seri Ong Tee Keat who was walking with a crutch due to his recent knee surgery speaking to PKR Ampang YB Zuraida Kamaruddin who was walking with a limp herself due to a knee surgery just like Tee Keat. Guess there is now an urgent need for a gymnasium to be set up for MP's to keep fit? 


The coming GE must have a special screening for candidates to pass a health check to see whether they are fit for duty as Members of Parliament? 


I will post more pictures of my trip to Parliament in the coming articles, Insya Allah!
Post a Comment