Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Monday, December 05, 2011

Maa Rabbuka? Who's your God?

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.


To those of us who are Muslims and have come to learn about our faith of Islam, this question would be very familiar.


More so to those of us Muslim males who have accompanied the janazah of our dearly departed members of our family, friends or acquaintances, took part in the burial and stayed on for the reading of the Talqin.


The question above ~ 'Maa Rabbuka? Who's your God?' would be the first question which the Malaikats of the Qabr (Grave) Mungkar and Naqir be asking us when we are dead and buried in our respective graves.


This topic was triggered in my mind to be my subject for today as a result of an online interaction between myself and a new friend from the USA this morning.


I was sharing with the online new found friend about the reason why my latest profile picture was of myself having a shaved head as being part of the Haj ritual when she replied that she didn't believe in God and that such belief is silly!


Hehehehe... I have come across such Unbelievers many, many times ago in my years of sharing information about Islam with the hundreds and thousands of visitors who stopped over at our Islamic Centre back in Masjid Kapitan Keling, Georgetown, Penang way back in the early 90's.


She had stated further that she only believes in science and when asked as to how she has come into being, responded that tiny organisms were responsible! :P


She was a bit offended when I told her that since she's young and has yet to learn more about the truth regarding faith, she replied angrily not to insult her due to her age. That wasn't my idea at all but before I could chat further with her, she excused herself and said she had to go. No problemos.


That brief encounter set me thinking that it's time for me to return to sharing info about Islam here in my blog all over again. Enough of getting distracted with the political shenanigans taking place here in our country for it will never end and I really need to focus my attention on what really matters?


Which is getting back to my cause of sharing Islamic info with my readers, whoever they are?


Thus, my asking the topmost question which the Angels in charge of the Questioning session in our graves will be putting to us, regardless as to who we were? 


I am using were because by the time this question will be posed to us by Malaikats Mungkar and Naqir, we would have died and be interred in our graves, Insya Allah.


So, those of us who are Muslims and have come to study and learn about our faith of Islam should have no problems in answering this question, right?


We will answer the question with our reply as 'Allah!'


No doubts about it at all.


But what about those who didn't bother to study Al Islam or believe in all that Islam expects of us or did not even truly practice our faith?


How would they answer?


If they had been ignorant and didn't bother to study the faith or to really be true Muslims in the real sense of the word, then they'd be in deep trouble, wouldn't they?


From what I have come to study and learn about such questionings, those who failed to answer correctly would be smashed to smithereens with the hammer carried by the Malaikats with such ferocity and power, that they'd be whacked so deep into the earth and then be brought back to life to be tortured again!


Phew! That would really hurt!!!



It was narrated from Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “When a person is placed in his grave and his companions leave him, and he can no longer hear the sound of their sandals (footsteps), two angels come to him and make him sit up, and they ask him, ‘What did you say about this man Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)?’ He says, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allah and His Messenger.’ It is said, ‘Look at your place in Hell which Allah has replaced for you with a place in Paradise.’” 


The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “And he sees them both. But as for the kafir or hypocrite, he says, ‘I do not know, I used to say what the people said.’ 


It is said, ‘You did not know and you did not follow those who knew.’ 


Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn).” 


(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1222


That is just one of the authentic hadith's with regard to the torment in the grave for those who are disbelievers! There's plenty more awaiting them in the Yaum al Barzakh pending the Day of Judgment and eternal torture in the pits of the Hellfires. 


Back to the question of the subject matter 'Who's your God?'


I can't for the life of me figure out how some folks can delude themselves into thinking that they came into being just out of the blue like that?


I mean, we are talking about people who are said to be educated but just don't have it in them to figure out the difference between creation and fictitious thinking that things can just appear out of nothing like a David Copperfield illusion?


Let's take the issue at hand uttered by my online American acquaintance that she believes herself to have originated from tiny organisms and not created by God?


Just to play along with her 'logic', we all know that when a man and a woman have sexual intercourse, sperm emitted by the male enters the female's cervix and fertilizes her egg or eggs in her womb.


So, in a sense, she is right about life starting from the conception between a sperm cell and an egg in the womb of the mother. But then, who gives life to such a union?


The soul is entered into the foetus only by the Will and Consent of Allah the Almighty God and Creator of us all.


Scientists can't explain about the Soul no matter how much they try?


In Surah Al Imran Chapter 3 Verse 30, Al Quran Al Karim, Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala reveals to us mankind :



3:30
Transliteration
Yawma tajidu kullu nafsin ma AAamilatmin khayrin muhdaran wama AAamilat min soo-intawaddu law anna baynaha wabaynahu amadan baAAeedan wayuhaththirukumuAllahu nafsahu wallahu raoofun bilAAibad
Sahih International
The Day every soul will find what it has done of good present [before it] and what it has done of evil, it will wish that between itself and that [evil] was a great distance. And Allah warns you of Himself, and Allah is Kind to [His] servants."


Allah Azza Wa Jalla Himself Alone is the Creator of all Life and the Soul is His Creation.


For all the advancements that Man has made in this life with the Consent and Will of Allah, Mankind has not been able to create the Soul nor will we ever be able to do so?


Faith is not something that can be forced unto anyone, especially those who are too egoistic in believing that they have learned all that there is about life?


No matter how much proof and evidence we present to them, it will not register in their closeted minds and hardened hearts.


Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala revealed to us about this state of mind in the hearts of the disbelievers in Surah Al Baqarah Chapter 2 Verse 212:



2:212
Transliteration
Zuyyina lillatheena kafaroo alhayatuaddunya wayaskharoona mina allatheena amanoowallatheena ittaqaw fawqahum yawma alqiyamatiwallahu yarzuqu man yashao bighayri hisab
Sahih International
Beautified for those who disbelieve is the life of this world, and they ridicule those who believe. But those who fear Allah are above them on the Day of Resurrection. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account.
It is not something that we can achieve overnight in trying to make sense to those in whose hearts is the disease of disbelief @ kuffur.


Dear brothers and sisters, 


I will expound on this subject further tomorrow. I will share with you more about discovering the truth about Allahu Rabbi, our Creator and the difference between worshiping the Creator and wrongly adulating His Creations!


If after I have shared all that there is to the Reality of Allahu Ta'ala, there are still those who choose to disbelieve, then let it be known that I have done my part and fulfilled my oath to Allah that I will not rest till I have conveyed to you my dear reader all that I have come to learn about Allahu Ta'ala and Islam in the best and clearest manner as possible?


Till we meet again after this, here's wishing you all the best in your life and that you are here because He Has Willed it so!


Not some self imagined eeny meeny miny mo organisms who would not have come to exist without His Will!


Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.


* To be continued.
Post a Comment