Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kuala Kemaman, Terengganu ~ Mahaguru58's Photoshoot

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.


I visited Kuala Kemaman, Terengganu a couple of weeks ago and managed to capture these shots at the jetty area where the fishermen were unloading their catches.


It was a bright, sun shiny day and I was equipped with my Nikon D5000 and 55mm-300mm zoom lens.


I didn't waste much time in getting my camera ready and just started snapping away as I pleased.


The fishermen there didn't mind me and just went about their business. A few of them even asked me to snap their veteran fishermen friends who were just hanging around the area sharing stories or just dozing off in the shade whilst there were boats docking and unloading their catch on and off.


It was a photographer's paradise. Alhamdulillah!





Where there are fish being unloaded, there sure will be the cats awaiting. This cat is pondering whether the given fish is fit for its discerning palate? :P
Apart from the many cats prowling around the jetty area, there were also a few of these kids who were so excited to pose for my camera.
They were just so enthusiastic in striking up all kinds of poses! The girl in particular came up with a Saturday Night Fever like sky poke stance alike John Travolta! :P


The weathered faces of these Malay fishermen were quite fascinating and I promptly zoomed in to share these shots with you. Hope you like them as well as I do.



Sun baked faces. Typical of seagoing folks of Terengganu. Here's one dozing off in the shade of the Kuala Kemaman Fisheries Department jetty area.


Those eyes must have witnessed all kinds of sea conditions through his many years of seeking a living as a fisherman of the South China Sea off Kuala Kemaman, Terengganu. He sure must have lots of stories to share with those who are willing to ask him?


Another face to remember. The weathered craggy face just betrays a lifetime of memories and experiences awaiting to enthrall all those with curious minds to tap into and explore the life of this old Malay fisherman if they so wished?
Here's another unforgettable face of a Kuala Kemaman Malay fisherman.


I came upon this old fisherman who was just so comfortably sleeping on the bundles of fishing nets at the jetty, oblivious to whomsoever passed by him.




There are lots more photos from my photo shoot there but will upload them in other articles when I am free to do so.


Till then, have a pleasant Sunday with your loved ones and learn to appreciate what Allah the Almighty has blessed us with before its all taken away due to mankind's tendency to destroy rather than preserve and protect.


Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Post a Comment