Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Read and watch the right news and views to learn the truth!

Dear fellow Malaysians and readers from elsewhere,
May peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon us all. Ameen.

Today, we who are living in these End Times are assailed by news and views which are usually published, broadcasted and posted online to suit the whims and fancies of the powers that be.
It is incumbent upon those of us who have been blessed by God with the faculty of reason to use it wisely in order not to be hoodwinked by the manipulating media out there who have prostituted themselves into being the propaganda machines of those tyrants masquerading as this or that.
We must seek the truth and do a thorough check to verify the source of whatever news and views that comes to us and do some fact finding before we accept such news and reports to be what it is said to be?

As a Muslim blogger and one who strives towards sharing only what is fair for all according to what my faith calls for, I have been vocal through my blog here and in other forms of social media.

Some support me in my efforts, some disagree with my speaking from my heart as I see fit, some appreciate my frankness, some can't stomach my form of saying it as it is.

It makes no difference to me for I know I speak with a clear conscience. The truth must be told no matter what so that justice can and may live. That has always been my principle when I started blogging way back in 2004. Stopped for a while and resumed in 2005.

As a blogger who wants to see fair and balanced reporting in all forms of media to ensure that we who value and appreciate the truth waste no effort in  making sure that what we publish is based upon facts and if we are sharing our own opinion based upon our own study or knowledge, to state so upfront.

It is really up to our readers to decide whether they agree or not with what we have shared on the public realm? We can't dictate to others or force anyone to concur with us if what we say or share is mere hearsay or fabrication on our part.

As a Muslim, I am enjoined to speak only what I confirm to be the truth and if I publish something that isn't, it will be held against me on the Day of Judgment in the Hereafter.

Thus when I see the ruling government or the opposition doing something wrong, I pull no punches in my blog articles. But I try my best not to do so in a manner that is uncouth or that will cause me to be in error according to Islam which I and billions of other Muslims profess.
My views may not often be palatable to some of those who choose to swallow hook, line and sinker whatever that the mainstream or alternative social media dishes out daily, whether it is full of government or the opposition propaganda to us, the reading and viewing public!

Reason being that it is unarguably part and parcel of human nature to at times not want to listen to reason when it is being presented. It is up to the individual to make up his or her mind as to whether they want to accept the truth or just go with the flow of the prevailing trend of the masses?

Not many dare to make their stand based upon their own convictions because by doing so, they risk being ostracized and alienated by the majority. 

We who have a fair base of understanding of what is actually going on in our society, need to choose as to whether we wish to just be another brainwashed minion of the gullible public or be steadfast in our stand to be amongst the righteous and responsible citizens of this country and those from all other nations of this world.

The very first commandment of God that was revealed to the Final and Greatest Messenger of God to all Mankind, the Blessed and Noble Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam ( May peace be upon him) was 'Iqra!'. It means 'Read!' in Arabic. The chosen language by which God chose to share with us His Complete Guidance for us to live by in our lives. Till Doomsday.

96:1
Transliteration
Iqra/ bi-ismi rabbika allathee khalaq
Sahih International
Recite in the name of your Lord who created -

96:2
Transliteration
Khalaqa al-insana min AAalaq
Sahih International
Created man from a clinging substance.

96:3
Transliteration
Iqra/ warabbuka al-akram
Sahih International
Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous -

96:4
Transliteration
Allathee AAallama bilqalam
Sahih International
Who taught by the pen -

96:5
Transliteration
AAallama al-insana ma lamyaAAlam
Sahih International
Taught man that which he knew not.
Yet there are many today who neglect this commandment and do not make any attempts to educate and equip themselves with the right knowledge and correct information.

Many do not read books and other sources of good and beneficial information. They choose to just believe whatever is being dished out through television or published online in news portals and websites which do have their own special agenda in molding the mindsets of their targeted audiences.

The need to read and understand the difference between fact and fiction is very much more important today and with the advent of communication and media technology, it is our duty to verify the sources of such news that comes our way.

Here in Malaysia, I am witnessing a very heightened campaign by both the ruling government and the aspiring opposition to win over the voting public by ways of highlighting each other's achievements and failures.

As the saying goes, the media can 'turn a saint into a sinner and a sinner into a saint'. It's all in the manner by which the reporting media showcases their chosen icon or political leader to be seen as this or that.

All I can ask is that we investigate and learn for ourselves as to whether such news hold water or it is nothing but pure hyperbole meant to deceive us into believing that so and so will really do as they promise the gullible public?

Their track record is all there for us to ponder and decide upon? Do not be hoodwinked. A politician who promises to make life easier for the people if he or she is voted into power is but one who spews forth merely hot air.

The doer will not bite off more than he or she can chew. They'll just do what is expected of them without much fanfare. Those who go around throwing fistful of ringgits usually squirrel away much more of the accumulated funds for their own needs in secret.

Which politician lives a frugal life in this land? Almost each and everyone of them transform overnight into being one who lives a pampered lifestyle which not many of this country's citizens can even dream of?

The 13th GE is just around the corner. Vote wisely and only those whom you trust to walk their talk and not end up getting played out again. We have seen many such cases where these politicians promise the suffering people that they are ready to lay down their lives for the poor villagers, etc. only to vanish into thin air once the deals have been made and homes destroyed.

I can name names but then again I believe that you have a fair idea of who I am referring to here? Talk is cheap my friends. Delivery is harder.

I am not saying that watching television is bad or not good for us. It's important to know what to watch and not stay glued to the telly for hours and hours without end. Choose the right programs to watch. 

Select and choose only beneficial, educative and enriching shows. Don't end up as a couch potato.

Read more. Then act upon what is enjoined upon us. It will truly be beneficial for all in the long run. 

Insya Allah.
Post a Comment