Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

Read N Write Ad

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Mahaguru58 Dakwah Session with Dutch, German, French, American, Mongolian, Japanese Visitors at Masjid Jamek Bandaraya KL.

Alhamdulillah! All praises be to Allah, Almighty Supreme Lord, Creator and Master of us all who allowed me to have a splendid time this morning sharing info with many visitors from around the world at the Masjid Jamek Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur.

At first, I was a bit peeved looking at the way the gatekeeper was sort of letting in the Non Muslims but not several Muslims! I was like ' What the @#$%!!'

So I dialed my friend who is a member of the Masjid's Board of Trustees and complained to him. He said maybe it's because the workers are still carrying on their cleaning works. Muslims would need to be in the masjid but not the visitors so that could be the reason why?

So I persevered and told him that I'm gonna be recording on audio and try to enter the masjid through the same small gate at the right hand side of the main gates.

It was 9:15 am then and the gatekeeper just nodded to me as I crossed the threshold!

I was sort of perplexed but then decided not to create a scene and just walked to the ablution area and proceeded to take my wudhu' as I intended to pray the Dhuha sunnat prayers.

After performing my prayers, I went over to the area where there was a tent under which volunteers were attending to the incoming foreign visitors.

Giving the ladies these purple robes to wear and for the men who were wearing shorts a sarong to cover their areas of modesty which is between the navel to their knees.

It's been quite some time since I got the chance to be the Da'ee @ Caller to Islam that I am and I took to the task like a duck getting the opportunity to be in the lake! Hehehehe..

The usual questions which are asked by the visitors is whether they would be allowed to enter the masjid and see for themselves as to what is inside?


Looks like there has been some improvements to the way the Masjid Jamek Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur now attends to visitors and I saw that there was now several velvet coated ropes forming a pathway right up to the inner entrance to the main prayer areas.

Several volunteers were present at the courtyard of the masjid and attending to the incoming visitors. There was an Arab looking man with a beard giving some explanation to the tourists and also a beautiful young lady also from the Middle East who was speaking to the lady visitors.

That's good I thought to myself and I too started to share information about the history of the masjid and also about Islam. 

The audience was a mix of Dutch, German, French, American, British, Mongolian, Indian and also Japanese who listened very keenly to what I was sharing with them.

They asked me questions about Islam and also as to the continuing trouble between Shiites and Sunnis in the Middle East, about the situation between Israel and Palestine, about why Islam has these rules and regulations for women and men, questions about homosexuality, lesbianism, clothing, the niqab, freedom of this and that, etcetera.

I had a field day answering all their questions satisfactorily and then went along with them to a tour of the inner sanctum of the masjid.

The bearded guy happened to be a Syrian refugee by the name of Hadi and he was doing a great job sharing about Islam and the situation in Syria with the visitors.

Later on after the tour had ended, he confessed to me that as a refugee, he is barred from engaging in employment and spends his time here doing Dakwah at the masjid. 

Sad to hear that. May Allah make it easier for him and others like him to earn a living here the Halal way pending their return to Syria which is at the moment caught in a vicious and brutal civil war.

After handing out my name cards to all those visitors and asking them to email me if they had further questions about Islam they wish to have answers to, I bid farewell to the volunteers who were there and made my way out of the masjid.

On my way out I met Brother Cody, an English teacher from Los Angeles, USA and his girlfriend Saranya from Mongolia.

I spent some time with them and shared some info about Islam with them. 

After bidding each other goodbye, happened to come across Enzo, a Frenchman who was visiting the masjid for the first time but due to leave Malaysia tonight back home to France.

He is a political student and interested to learn more about Islam as there are quite a number of Muslims back home and learning about what Islam is and is not will help him in his studies and life as well.

I shared some information with Enzo as well and have given him my card to contact me if he needs to know more?

All in, it was a morning well spent and here are a few photos of our times together.






Hope to get the chance to be back at the Masjid Jamek Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur soon after this splendid morning meeting our fellow Children of Adam Alaihis Salam.

Insya Allah! Care to join me?
Post a Comment