Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Serbanised Terrorist! Hahahahaha! Really?

MENJ told me recently that a fellow blogger who hates our guts for speaking up on behalf of Islam and Muslims has termed me as a 'serbanised terrorist'! :P

Hahahahaha! Really ? Well, I don't mind the terminology for it shows that certain people with a hidden agenda in demonising us are certainly displeased with both our efforts in sharing the real deal with the blogosophere!

This picture was taken of me in 1990. I have fond memories looking like that.
I mean, let's face it. What we are facing today are nothing much compared to the challenges, trials and tribulations that the Awliyas and Anbiyas i wal mursalin of before who suffered so much more compared to the brickbats coming our way.

We do receive bouquets from those who appreciate our efforts but those compliments best be kept to ourselves for we seek nothing but the Redha of Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in doing what we do here.

To be called a 'serbanised terrorist' to me is a measure of recognition that we do terrorise those whose hearts are full of hatred and enmity towards us who speak on behalf of the Ummah!

Not that we have been appointed by anyone but from our own conscience and realisation that if we don't stand up for the Muslims, the present apathetic masses wouldn't give a hoot about all these concerted efforts to portray Muslims and Islam in a bad light!

As Muslims, we follow the commandment of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in His Holy Qur'an, Surah An Nahl Chapter 16 Verse 125 :

"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance."

Speaking for myself, I find this platform an appropriate realm to champion my faith and explain to those who do want to find out what Islam truly is and what it is not as it is made out to be from the numerous hate posts we find flooding the worldwideweb today.

As long as there exists individuals like that hate filled blogger sarcastically demonising us with such terms, the greater will be my resolve in carrying out my information efforts to show the world that Islam is not here to add to your problems but instead help mankind to attain salvation through submission to God's Will!

It is only a few misinformed individuals who abuse the faith by falling prey to the covert agendas of those who are out to discredit Islam.

The more they try to mislead the world about Islam, it is already being embraced by millions of people from all over the world including in the United States of America, where Americans from all walks of life are becoming Muslims on their own accord and mosques are being established all over the states in Northern America.

Far from being an enemy to the people, 'serbanised' Muslims like me are only out to terrorise the hearts of those who have fallen prey to the misleadings of those who are anti Islam and stricken with the severest case of Islamophobia.

Believe me, we don't bite except those who are clearly our enemies both sworn and covert. You have any biff with me , come meet me face to face and we'll see whether we can talk things out or just do what's the best way out.

I for one always prefer the diplomatic way unless I am pushed into a corner where kicking ass is the only alternative for me . Still have the 'asad' in dear ol' me!

What was that Muhammad Ali, the American boxer used to sing' float like a butterfly ; sting like a bee? In these times , we have better alternatives. :P

Best methods though would be to have an open dialogue over a fresh cup of coffee. Failing which, each just go our own ways unless the circumstances demand something else.

That, I leave it to Rabbul Jaleel, sometimes Sufi mureeds like me need to get the 'exercise' too.

'La haula wala quwwata illa billah hil aliyyil adheem'!

There's no other power save for Allah the Most Powerful! Allahu Akbar !