Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Datuk Samad Said, my favorite National Laureate


















Datuk A. Samad Said is one of our nation's National Laureate.

I have come to know him personally ever since I migrated to KL in 2001.

He has always been very humble, hasn't had any airs about him and always recognises me whenever I come across him at Suria KLCC, his favorite haunt.

One can't miss that crop of white hair and flowing beard, reminiscent of the ancient sages of the Confucian courts!

He is a small framed person and always cringes in fear when I give him a bear hug ! :D

My family were fortunate to meet him yesterday at the KLCC when I took them for a meal.

Zikri was ecstatic being able to follow his father's fashion in honouring Pak Samad by giving the National Laureate an embrace.

This shows how title and social position has not affected them in any way.

May Allah SWT bless them both and their children. Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen!















Datuk Samad Said's autograph and wellwishes to me and my wife's wedding invitation when I invited him to our wedding in Kuantan, Pahang.

As he couldn't make it to the wedding as it was being held in Kuantan, Datuk Samad Said gave us his blessings by way of penning down his 'restu' @ wellwishes on our wedding card's envelope.

I treasure his wellwishes and the envelope is now preserved in our wedding album.

His handwriting is done in calligraphic style. It is not always that one gets to receive a National Laureate's wellwishes.

Alhamdulillah. May Allah SWT bless Pak Samad with Husnul Khatimah @ the Blessed Ending of one's life!

Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen!