Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Monday, October 16, 2006

To all Hindus of the World " Hope you enjoy your Deepavali!"

I came across this comment by a blogger by the ID of A.Abdoul at Walski69's blog!

In his comment about the 'Wishing of Happy Deepavali' issue being discussed, he came up with a very appropriate way to wish our Hindu fellow Malaysians without us Muslims falling into the 'committing Shirik' category.

His comments are :
"A. Abdoul said...

It's funny how a simple greeting of a festival is 'literaly'interpreted as a full-blown conviction to a religion, more so that it may determines one's salvation. Ok, watever I said, you strongly beleive that such greeting is still a sinful conviction...how about ~ 'hope you enjoy your deepavalli'..juz a tot!"

10/15/2006 08:54:57 PM
Now, to me that's a very appropriate manner to wish our Hindu brethren, friends and fellow Malaysian citizens !

In the Surah Al Kafirun , Al Qur'an Chapter 109, Verses 1 to 6 , the translations are :

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

1. Say (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islâmic Monotheism)."

So, by following Brother A.Abdoul's manner in wishing our Hindu brethren (we are all the Children of Prophet Adam alaihis salam) ' Hope you enjoy your Deepavali' , the dilemna is solved and everyone should be happy!

Not that our Hindu brethren are desperate for our wellwishes , but as fellow Malaysians, I am sure we all want to see this nation be a peaceful, multi cultural, multi religious, multi ethnic and still the best country in the whole wide world!

Religion is a pretty touchy sensitive issue for all! Nothing else comes close to being the soul of our life!

Those coining up all those DeepaRaya, KongsiRaya, this and that forgot for a moment that by doing so , they implicate many interpretations of such terms and I am sure we all have had our fair share of heartaches and heartburns by such unthinking folks!

May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala bless this blogger A.Abdoul for showing us a way out!

Brother A.Abdoul, I salute you!

To all Hindus , "Hope you enjoy your Deepavali!" :)