Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blast from my past - Singapore -JB- 1980 to 1986





























This is a picture of myself when I was working and living in Singapore from 1980 to 1986.

I stayed in a Malay kampong in Kranji near the sea.

The KTM train track was just nearby. This shot was taken when I was 22 years of age.

Pretty much an Alleycats fan back then and sported a hairdo and mustache to fit the image. Hehehehehe.

Much leaner back then. See the watch on my wrist?

Bought that watch with my first salary earned in Singapore. Cost me S$115.00 back then.

Wore the watch from then till now. 27 long years and still in good working condition.


PEMUDA DAKOTAS
Well, times have changed and now I look different. But still memories are something to treasure. Both the good, bad and the uglies that have taken place in our life's.

This is a photo of myself with my kampong buddies when we met accidentally in Johor Bahru in 1986 when I had to leave Singapore after my work permit expired.

My kampong buddies @ PEMUDA DAKOTAS were there in JB to perform in a Boria Competition at the Dewan Jubli Intan organised by RTM.

DAKOTAS meant ' Dalam Kota ; Ta'at Setia'. My kampong being Jalan Kota Giam, East Jelutong, Penang.

I am 3rd from the right in this picture. All Penang kakis. Mat rugged. Hahahahaha..


















A classic stairways pose at the Observation Tower at Pantai Lido, Johor Bahru.

I am wearing the green jacket, 4th from right.

Can't believe it's been 21 years now since we took this photo.

Time flies. Wonder how these guys look now?

All must be in their late 40s and have settled down. Wish them the best!