Well, it's finally here. The case that every concerned Muslim and Non Muslim and all 'closet apostates' are waiting for.
Azalina Jailani is going to know for sure about her fate today, whether the Justice System here is going to fulfill her desire to be officially endorsed to be the first ever 'murtad' from Islam here in the Kingdom of Malaysia or penalize her according to the Syariah as she deserves.
Here is the gist of a memorandum handed over by the Defenders of Islam Alliance @ PEMBELA to His Royal Highness, the Yang Dipertuan Agong and their Royal Highnesses, the Malay Sultans and to the Prime Minister, Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi :
- Seek the Consent of His Highness, the Yang di Pertuan Agong and their Royal Highnesses, the Malay Sultans as the Heads of the Islamic Faith according to the Federal Constitution and remain firm and strong in defending the special position of Islam in this nation.
- The Government under the leadership of His Excellency, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi take the necessary steps against the actions of certain parties who are questioning the special position of Islam as enshrined in the Federal Constitution and encouraging deviation of the aqeedah amongst the Muslim Ummah of this nation.
- Parliament amend Article 11 of the Federal Constitution and include clear definitions about the Freedom of Religion amongst the Muslim people in this nation to be in accordance to the the Laws and Decrees of the Syariah. This amendment is to avoid liberal and unfounded interpretations regarding the freedom of religion under Article 11 to the extent of failing to adhere to the requirements of the Islamic Syaria' and the laws of this nation.
- The Federal Government and State Governments that have yet to approve laws to control or stop the propagation of religious indoctrination and beliefs amongst the Muslims of this nation under the Article 11.4 Federal Constitution, to immediately do so. Also calling for the states that already have such laws in place to enforce them to the fullest extent.
- The Federal Government defend the Article 121 (A) that provides exclusive authority to the Syariah Court to judge cases concerning the Islamic Faith as accorded by the Federal Constitution.
- Any conflict about the individual religious status of a Muslim must be referred to the Syariah Courts as the most suitable forum to decide matters concerning the Islamic faith. To fulfill this , the 9th Chapter of the Federal Constitution about the scope of authority of the Syariah Courts must be updated to state clearly that matters concerning the status of an individual Muslim's faith is in the jurisdiction of the Syariah Courts.
- Any attempts to revoke or corrode the special position of Islam in the Constitution and the national legal system must be stopped at once. Any dissatisfactions regarding the practice and implementation of Islamic Laws in this nation must be channeled to the discussion table with the relevant authorities. Confrontations through 'road shows' and confrontations in the courts chambers will only further deteriorate inter faith relations and threaten the social harmony.
- The media, including the main mass media and the alternative media, be firm and fair in handling matters concerning Islam.The actions of certain media who seem to support the views that Malaysia is a secular nation and that Islamic practices are an individual's choice is regretted. These views do not represent the main Islamic perspectives in this nation. The media must be professional and ethical in reporting and making analysis regarding Islam without having their own agendas.
- The Government must take proactive actions in encouraging dialogues and understanding amongst the various faiths. These efforts must be carried out sincerely to create a harmonious establishment of inter-faith relations, not to interfere in or disturb the tenets of faith and the values of any certain faiths.
- Any efforts and actions taken in settling sensitive religious issues in this nation must be in accordance with the principles of the supremacy of the laws and the upholding of the Constitution as well as not create any ill feelings between the various ethnics and faiths.
- We are convinced that these represent the feelings of the majority of the citizens of this nation. Thus these concerns need to be brought forward and referred to in our handling of issues relating to Islam in Malaysia. May we all unite as one in our stand and commitment to be righteous, just and in accordance to the historical background, present realities and future aspirations of our beloved nation. May we be able to achieve our aspirations to establish a blessed and prosperous nation with the Mercy and Forgiveness of Allah.
Chairman of PEMBELA & President of the Islamic Youth Movement of Malaysia (ABIM)
Well, let's see what takes place this morning at the Justice Complex, Putrajaya.
Those who are interested to be present in this landmark case are requested by PEMBELA to be there by 8.00 am.
PEMBELA advices those attending the judgement day tomorrow for Azalina Jailani @ Lina Joy to exercise decorum and avoid creating any untoward situations or incidents.
May Allah SWT guide the learned judges and inspire them to uphold justice for us all and to save Azalina Jailani from the deviant path she has taken.
This case is going to decide whether Islam is truly respected and observed in this nation or the Islam Hadhari administration of Abdullah Badawi just a fleeting mirage in Malaysia?
Tawakkaltu Allallah hu La ila ha ill lall Lah!