Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Only 90 sens for a hearty breakfast in Alor Star

I applaud the proprietors of Restaurant Nasi Kandar Aina in Pekan Simpang Kuala, Alor Star, Kedah for proving to the nation that prices of the basic Malaysian food being sold today does not have to be as expensive as most restaurants here charge!

For just 90 sens, one can enjoy a piece of roti canai (normal size), a piece of roti jala and a glass of plain tea.

This is simply very good news and the restaurant owners all over this nation ought to be ashamed of their fleecing Malaysians of their money so unscrupulously as many of the Malaysian eateries and bistros do without the fear of God in them.


I read the report here where the restaurant owner Abdul Nasir Abdul Ghaffar, says that his restaurant is responding to the call from the government to reduce prices of food and drinks so as not to overburden the people just because the civil servants are going to get a salary increment soon.

If only more restaurant owners were like him, we Malaysians will not have to suffer that much when eating out. A simple meal nowadays costs us more than RM5.00 and some places even charge up to 30 sens for a glass of warm water!

Lower prices will bring in more and more customers and the restaurants can make a good profit from the increased volume of customers.

I say 'Syabas' to Restaurant Nasi Kandar Aina for taking the first step to make this a reality!

May their business improve and many more new customers throng their place! Ameen.