Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Indian Hindu Shekar embraces Islam ! Allahu Akbar!























Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Dear Muslims,

Please welcome Abdul Shukor into our midst effective from Monday where this Indian brother who was a Hindu uttered the Kalimah Shahadah -" Ash har doo Allah ila ha ill lall Laah! Wa Ash hardoo anna Muhammad dar Rasulullah" @ ' There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah' repeating after me at the restaurant where he works near my place!

Allahu Akbar! Subhanallah! Alhamdulillah! La ila ha ill lall laah! Muhammad dar Rasulullah!

I have been helping him out with many books and kitabs about Islam which he wanted from me and he was just so eager to be a Muslim after been working at the restaurant since last year.

He is a brilliant chap and from his face you can see the sincerity in him wanting to reclaim his birthrights to be a Muslim.

His name was Shekar and he hails from Kerala, South India. I named him Abdul Shukor and his conversion took place before a few Malays who were having their meals at the restaurant. Alhamdulillah.

Nothing is more meaningful to me than to bring another fellow human being into Islam in my duty being a Caller to Islam, just as I and my colleagues did and still do at the Masjid Kapitan Keling, City of Georgetown, Penang Island back home and Insya Allah from all the masjids here in KL and the rest of the nation.

Feels good to have helped him be who he deserves to be. A rightful Muslim and Servant of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

The minute he uttered his Shahadah full of sincerity and understanding its meanings and responsibilities, all his previous sins , no matter if they were so many as to fill the space between the heavens and the earth are forgiven by Allah and he is pure and free once again just as he was born clean from sin from his mother's womb. Alhamdulillah.

May Almighty Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful bless brother Abdul Shukor with His Guidance and Blessings and shower him with the best of this world and in the Akhirat.

Ameen.