Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Monday, August 27, 2007

"Namewee incited hatred!" -Yasmin Ahmad




I may not be a huge fan of Yasmin Ahmad the filmaker for the way she goes about making mix and match films portraying Muslims and Islam in the way she did in her films Sepet and Gubra but I acknowledge that she has done well by speaking out against the inciting of hatred through the Negarakuku videoclip that Namewee did and posted online.

After watching all the short clips that Yasmin has produced for Petronas, celebrating our forthcoming 50th Merdeka Day featuring all the innocent young schoolchildren of this nation, showing their free from racial bias and pure from sin outlook on life, it would be a sin for me not to appraise and congratulate her for causing me to have a lump in my throat and try my best to hold back my tears seeing the wonderful job she has done here for the Petronas Merdeka ads.

I wish her well and pray that she takes our viewpoints seriously in not producing any films or videos that might deviate from Islamic principles and teachings. I know she means well but as her fellow Muslim and a cherisher of good human values that she has successfully shared with us through the Merdeka clips, I have to admit that she has done good for the nation especially in fostering our unity.

May you continue producing good films that will show Islam in the proper light and bring about a better understanding of it to all of us.

Selamat Menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan ke 50 Yasmin!