72. Laqad kafara allatheena qaloo inna Allaha huwa almaseehu ibnu maryama waqala almaseehu ya banee isra-eela oAAbudoo Allaha rabbee warabbakum innahu man yushrik biAllahi faqad harrama Allahu AAalayhi aljannata wama/wahu alnnaru wama lilththalimeena min ansarin
72. They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God,- God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
73. Laqad kafara allatheena qaloo inna Allaha thalithu thalathatin wama min ilahin illa ilahun wahidun wa-in lam yantahoo AAamma yaqooloona layamassanna allatheena kafaroo minhum AAathabun aleemun
73. They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.
74. Afala yatooboona ila Allahi wayastaghfiroonahu waAllahu ghafoorun raheemun
74. Why turn they not to God, and seek His forgiveness? For God is Oft- forgiving, Most Merciful.
75. Ma almaseehu ibnu maryama illa rasoolun qad khalat min qablihi alrrusulu waommuhu siddeeqatun kana ya/kulani alttaAAama onthur kayfa nubayyinu lahumu al-ayati thumma onthur anna yu/fakoona
75. Christ the Son of Mary was no more than an apostle; many were the apostles that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what wa ys they are deluded away from the truth!
76. Qul ataAAbudoona min dooni Allahi ma la yamliku lakum darran wala nafAAan waAllahu huwa alssameeAAu alAAaleemu
76. Say: "Will ye worship, besides God, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But God,- He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."
77. Qul ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum ghayra alhaqqi wala tattabiAAoo ahwaa qawmin qad dalloo min qablu waadalloo katheeran wadalloo AAan sawa-i alssabeeli
77. Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
78. LuAAina allatheena kafaroo min banee isra-eela AAala lisani dawooda waAAeesa ibni maryama thalika bima AAasaw wakanoo yaAAtadoona
78. Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith, by the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses.
82. Latajidanna ashadda alnnasi AAadawatan lillatheena amanoo alyahooda waallatheena ashrakoo walatajidanna aqrabahum mawaddatan lillatheena amanoo allatheena qaloo inna nasara thalika bi-anna minhum qisseeseena waruhbanan waannahum la yastakbiroona
82. Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers (Muslims) wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
83. Wa-itha samiAAoo ma onzila ila alrrasooli tara aAAyunahum tafeedu mina alddamAAi mimma AAarafoo mina alhaqqi yaqooloona rabbana amanna faoktubna maAAa alshshahideena
83. And when they listen to the revelation received by the Apostle, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.
84. Wama lana la nu/minu biAllahi wama jaana mina alhaqqi wanatmaAAu an yudkhilana rabbuna maAAa alqawmi alssaliheena
84. "What cause can we have not to believe in God and the truth (Islamic Monotheism) which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous(Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam and his Companions -May Allah be pleased with them)?"Selected verses from Surah Al Mai'dah Al Qur'an Al-Kareem sourced from here.
I have been receiving emails and comments asking me as to why Christians are not supposed to use the term 'Allah' in their prayers or publications when referring to God?
Well, I have been contemplating on the subject and have thought of a remedy to the situation.
Instead of forbidding the Christians from using the term Allah for their imagined God perse, I think that Muslims ought to grab the opportunity to teach the Christians about worshiping Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in the real sense.
Surely from the Qur'anic verses above and the example of the Christian King of ancient Abyssinia, the Negus @ Al Najashi, who gave shelter to the early Makkan Muslims who fled the oppressive Quraish Kaffirs of Makkah and who upon realizing the truth of Islam from the Makkan Muslim religious refugees, himself embraced Islam and proved the truth of Allah's revelations about good Christians as per the verses 82-84 above in the Surah Al Mai'dah, we can see that it's better to embrace the Christians with Dakwah Al Islamiyah instead of unnecessary prolonged centuries old enmity between us!
Christians are the closest to us in faith and we should try to build bridges between us instead of continue to hate and wage war between each other.
I for one aim to start writing about why I say that Islam is the very faith that Allah the Almighty taught Our Father the Blessed Prophet Adam Alaihis Salam and from Adam to Our Mother Saiyidatina Hawwa Radhiallahu Anha @ Eve ( May she be blessed) and from them to their progeny, the various tribes of humankind?
Christians must worship Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in the true sense if they want to address Him as such for it is pointless for them to say that they worship Allah as True God but go and worship His Prophet Jesus Christ @ Eesa Al Masih in turn!
This is what I think. If Christians say that they have a right to address God as Allah, they are right a hundred percent but the question is 'Do they really worship Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala'?
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala is God Almighty of all Creation.
No one denies this. The thing is only Muslims worship Him as per what He has commanded us, the Believers.
Christians are the ones who are referred to as the ones who went astray in the Surah Al-Fatihah.
Knowing that the Christians have gone astray, isn't it the duty of us Muslims, their brethren to show them the right way?
They want to worship Allah?
By all means! Let's help the Christians find Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and be True Believers as Mukmins and Mukminats, Muslimins and Muslimats.
As we all know, all over the world, many people from all walks of life are coming into Islam and amongst the largest group of reverts to Islam are the Christians.
Welcome to your birthrights to be true Believers in Allah!
May Allah bless and guide us all to His Mercy and Benevolence.