Part of the Do'a Iftitah

"Verily my solats, my ibadah, my life and my death I surrender to Almighty Allah, Creator and Lord of all the worlds. Never will I associate anything with Him. So am I commanded and I am of those who are Muslims."

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance

The Muslim Bloggers Alliance
Bringing Muslim Bloggers Together

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hulu Langat - A tropical sanctuary for all nature lovers.






All praises be to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala for blessing us with lots of natural treasures especially the kind of environment we have in abundance in our country where we can escape to seek some respite from the pressures and stress of life in the city like KL.

This afternoon, I drove to Hulu Langat with my darling wife and went to look for delicious Malay kampong food.

First stop was at the tropical fruits store on our way to the Malay kampong food warong opposite Taman Sri Nanding.


















There is this stall that sells the best quality fresh naturally ripened Pisang Emas and other tropical fruits. I have been buying from this stall since we first explored Hulu Langat and discovered it's kampong attractions.



















Those who feel like buying a whole stalk of these quality bananas for feasts and sadaqah during Friday prayers can head on over to this stall. Prices for such a stalk of pisang emas bananas range from RM18 to RM20 for a 9 kg stalk.



















Our selected warong is a simple roadside establishment run by a Malay family opposite Taman Sri Nanding, Hulu Langat.



































We have had our lunch there before and liked the laid back environment of the warong and the quality of their Malay kampong food there.




















































A delicious plate of talapia masak cili and bean sprouts for my missus.


















My preference for 'Ikan Tongkol Masak Lemak Cili Padi' and 'Terong Berlada' plus a serving of ' Sambal Berlado Goreng'.


















Price is absolutely way much cheaper than what we usually pay in Cheras and KL areas. You can say that the cost of living in Hulu Langat is really much more affordable than in the city and suburban areas.

The main thing is just the feeling of being so relaxed and easy. I really look forward to escaping from all the headaches and stress of daily life in the big city and truly feel so relieved being there every now and then. It's my sanctuary that normalizes back my day to day existence in KL.


















Just behind the warong is this beautiful landscape and a feast for the eyes. Tropical greenery stretched all along the magnificent vista of Hulu Langat, my favorite destination for rest and relaxation.




































There was also this pleasing sight of a small brook with greenery all around just besides the warong. Lovely, isn't it?



































I saw this papaya tree with a ripe fruit on it. Imagine that? If this tree was in Cheras, the fruits would all have been plucked and missing before you can say 'eureka'! Hahahaha!

Guess that the folks in Hulu Langat are just too blessed with fruits from their own gardens to want to pinch fresh fruits of others from their orchards. :)

Looks like I will have to stop here and continue in the next post. Lots of good photos and videos coming up. It's been a pleasure sharing these with you. Hope you enjoyed the article.

Cheers.