Assalamualaikum dear Muslims. (Non Muslims are respectfully asked not to comment upon this article. Thank you for your co-operation.)
Among the various surahs and ayaahs of the Holy Al-Qur'an Al-Kareem, the above ayaah @ Ayatul Kursi is one of the most powerful ayaahs that each and every Muslim must remember and recite daily and as a protection from the hidden and visible dangers out there in our lives.
As a completion of one's daily dhikr, Ayatul Kursi has tremendous benefits to every Muslim male and female who makes it a point to learn as to how to recite it properly and to learn of it's meanings.
Life here in this world is not something to be taken for granted and we as humanbeings ought to know and make efforts to learn of the various realms of our existence.
We are not alone here in this world. We have all around us all other kinds of living creatures and beings plus myriads of other creations of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala that we can't see with our own eyes but can sense their presence.
These are the spiritual beings. Spiritual beings meaning the Djinn and Syaitan laknatullah.
Even within us thrives trillions of living bacteria, germs and other microscopic organisms that take over and consume our jasad @ body when our 'Ruuh' @ 'soul' is taken out by the Malaikatul Maut @ Angel of Death, Saiyidina Izra'il Alaihis Salam.
When the 'Ruuh' departs from the jasad, the trillions of such living bacteria, germs and all the microscopic organisms start consuming the tissues and innards of our body resulting in very quick decomposition of our physical self.
This is the reality of our life here on Earth. The 3rd stage of our existence. To those who have yet to realize the various stages of our existence, let me share with you the 5 stages of life that we go through.
- Our 'Ruuh' @ Soul is created by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. This is the first stage of our coming into being. You can say that this is our life in the World of the Ruuh.
- The 'Ruuh' is imbued into our being when we are conceived in our mother's womb and we live in our mother's womb, growing, forming and coming into shape as a human baby. This is the second stage of our being and this is our life in the World of the Womb. Enshrouded in darkness and we hear nothing else but the heartbeat of our mother and we grow and develop through the various stages of the formation of us as we are, each unique and different from the rest of mankind as a testament to the Power of Allah, Almighty God who creates us each special and different with our own special abilities and attributes. All praise be to Him, Ar Rahman, Ar Raheem, the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
- We are then born into this world as a helpless infant and we are taken care of by our mother and others. This is the 3rd stage of our life and we are here living at the moment as human beings. We go from stage to stage of discovering the various aspects of being in this physical world and we learn from each and every experience of living life as whoever we are destined to be and yet we are given the absolute freedom to choose whatever it is that we want but still be confined to the limits of our being within the dictates of law and society. As a Muslim, it is incumbent upon us to learn about our faith and to teach it to others who in turn want to learn the same. Ignorance is no excuse for we have before us unlimited opportunities to learn everything that we need to know right before us here in this age of knowledge and discovery.Even then, we are still existing in a time frame that Allah the Almighty has set for each and everyone of us can't escape from.We decide as to how to live our lives and as Muslims, we must learn the do's and don'ts of Islam. It is to Allah that we return to and to Him that we have to answer to for our deeds, both good and bad. So, use this golden opportunity to learn about an important ayaah that will save us from being harmed by the spiritual beings and those amongst us in human form yet are as evil as the accursed one @ Syaitan Laknatullah. This 3rd stage of life is here in the Yaum al Duniya. Life on Earth.
- There will come a time when our allocated time frame here on Earth is up and no matter what we do or attempt, we will all die and our soul be released from the confines of this mortal body that has encased us and allowed us to utilize our limbs and organs to exist here on Earth as a human being, both male and female or those caught in between. We die and our dead body is interred into the Earth as Muslims. Our soul is then living in the 4th stage of our being and this is called Yaum al Barzakh. The World of the Dead. As Muslims we believe in the processing of the soul in the grave and the questioning by the Angels Munkar and Nakir. If we have lived our lives as Muslims, then our fate there in the grave will be one that is promised to those upon whom is the Rahmah of Allah. If otherwise, then only torture and torment awaits those of us who incurred the Wrath of Allah and our state then would be one that none would desire. So choose as to how best to live your life as a proper Muslim?
- As Muslims, we believe in Yaum al Qiyamat. The Last Day on Earth for all of Allah's creatures and creation. Judgment Day. Doomsday. Al-Qiyamah. Go study about it in the Last and Final Testament of Allah in the Holy Al-Qur'an Al-Kareem.
Ayatul Kursi has many important attestations to the Power and Might of Allah, Azza Wa Jalla. It is up to us to learn about the various 'Ilm that Allahu Akbar has shared with us through His Prophets and Messengers.
Studying about Islam is fard and wajib upon us. If you are a father or a mother, then it is important that you learn this ayaah and recite it in completion over yourselves and your children as a protection against all harm, both seen and unseen.
I have used Ayatul Kursi to remove disturbances from those who were afflicted by the dark spirits and have found this magnificient ayaah so useful to restore a sense of balance to those who were unfortunate to be victims of sihir.
Yakinullah! Trust in Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala and remain steadfast in Iman and Amal. Do not bother listening to the Kaffir , Munafiqs and Musyriks for it is to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala that we owe our lives to and none other.
Can we deny that?
Surely not! So dear Muslims. Stay you firm and focused on the Siraatal Mustaqim and be the best Muslim that you can be. Be learned and study from authentic sources of Islam and be a good citizen. Enjoin others to Allah and remain committed to your Syahadah. May Allah bless you with His Taufik and Hidayah plus shower upon you all His Favors and Blessings. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.
To those of you who seek peace and tranquility after a hard day's work, listen to this recitation of Ayatul Kursi by one of the Islamic world's best qari @ Syeikh Abdul Basset Abdus Samad. Insya Allah you will feel the peace and blessings of Ar Rahman within your heart and mind. Amin.
Listen to it everytime you feel you need to recharge your soul and rest in the knowledge of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala watching over you and giving you His protection.
What you need to know about the Ayaatul Kursi:
The Ayaatul Kursi was revealed by Allah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem to the Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam in a night before Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam embarked on his historic Hijrah @ Migration.
When the Ayaatul Kursi was being revealed by Jibreel Alaihis Salam, the Archangel, he was accompanied by hundreds of thousands of the Malaikats of Allah as a mark of respect and majesty of this ayaah.
Syaitan and Iblis Laknatullah were alarmed for it was the heralding of an important sign of help from Allah Azza Wa Jalla to the Mukmins and will be a major hindrance to their evil plans upon Mankind.
Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam upon receiving this most important protective ayaah immediately summoned his appointed scribe of the Holy Qur'an al Kareem, Zaid ibni Tsabit to at once put it to pen and to disseminate the ayaah to the Muslims.
There are ninety five hadiths that explain about the fadhilah @ benefits of the Ayaatul Kursi. The reason why this ayaah is named 'Ayaatul Kursi' or the 'Verse of the Throne' is because in its recitations is the word 'Kursi' which carries the meanings of the grandeur and majesty of Allahu Akbar and is a testament to His Power over His entire Creations including the Djinns, Syaitan and Iblis Laknatullah!
The mentioning of 'Kursi' @ the Throne is a symbol of the Majesty of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala created His Throne overlapping the seven layers of the heavens and the earth. Overlapping the magnificence of His Creating the Seven Heavens and the Earth is alike a majestic burgeoning tree that stands tall and supreme in the middle of a hot scorching wide expanse of a desert.
On the left and right of that majestic throne is hundreds of thousands of other smaller thrones as an added attraction to magnify His Majesty and upon which sit hundreds of thousands of angels @ malaikats who write and record the blessings of those who recite this Ayaatul Kursi.
Some Benefits of reading the Ayaatul Kursi.
Imam Al-Ghazali writes in his kitab @ 'Khawasul Qur'an' that ibnu Khutaibah related that of an incident that took place in the region of Basrah. A date seller named Ka'ab went to Basrah bringing his trading goods to be sold in the marketplace there.
Upon reaching Basrah, he found that most of the lodgings have been taken up by other traders who had arrived before him.
Ka'ab chanced upon a dilapidated dwelling that had cobwebs all over it as a result of being unattended to for so long and he approached its owner asking permission to rent it for a week.
The owner told him that the house is reported to be cursed and inhabited by the Djinn 'Afrit'. Those who had leased the place became afflicted by all kinds of mysterious ailments and went crazy.
Ka'ab replied that since there was no other accommodation available, he wouldn't mind staying there as long as the owner gave his permission.
"Alright then!" said the owner. " I don't mind at all and you can stay for free as long as you wish!"
Ka'ab then moved in to the house in the afternoon. Nothing happened until it was midnight. Ka'ab felt his hairs bristling and standing on their ends.
This is a sign of spiritual beings present and Ka'ab felt scared to his bones and he immediately got up and looked around.
Ka'ab saw a dark shadow with two blazing eyes approaching him. Ka'ab remembered the teachings of Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam of this Ayaatul Kursi and he gathered his inner courage to face this danger.
Immediately Ka'ab started reciting ," Allaahu la ila ha illa huwal hayyul qayyum" but the dark shadow also recited repeating the very same verses that Ka'ab was reciting , word for word until Ka'ab reached the last verse , " Walaa yaa uuduhuu khifdhuhumaa wa huwal aliyyul adzhimm!" Suddenly the djinn ceased following Ka'ab's recitation and went quiet.
Ka'ab was perplexed and he repeated reciting " Walaa yaa uuduhuu khifdhuhumaa wa huwal aliyyul adzhimm!"but there was no sound of the djinn repeating what he had just recited and he smelt like something had burned!
There was no more shadow visible and the whole place became calm and serene. The burning smell lingered but his hairs returned to normal and the sense of fear was gone from him.
Praising Allah for His Protection, Ka'ab then returned to his sleeping mat and dozed off without experiencing any further disturbances. In the early morning when he woke up, he saw with his own eyes traces of something being burnt in one of the corners of the house. There were ashes in it.
At that very moment, Ka'ab heard a voice. A voice that said," O Ka'ab! You have burned the vicious Djinn called Afrit!" Ka'ab was confused and asked," With what did I burn it?"
The voice answered," With the commandment of Allah " Walaa yaa uuduhuu khifdhuhumaa wa huwal aliyyul adzhimm!" and everything went quiet.
Whomsoever recites without fail and with full understanding and trust in Allah everytime after each obligatory solat in each morning and sunset, everytime one leaves and returns to one's house and upon entering the marketplace, everytime one goes to bed and embarks on a journey, recites this Ayaatul Kursi, Insya Allah will be protected from the disturbances of the evil Syaitan.
He or she will be protected from any harm that comes from evil rulers, evil humans and wild animals. Protected will he or she, their families, offsprings, property, abode from theft, fire, misfortunes and dangers by the Will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala!
Allah's protection and safe guard will be upon those of us who trust in nothing but Him, the Most Powerful, Most Supreme God Almighty of us all.
So states Imam Al-Ghazali in his kitab, Khawasul Qur'an.
In the kitab Asrarul Mufidah is stated:' Whomsoever recites the Ayaatul Kursi for at least eighteen times, and then strives earnestly for his or her living, Insya Allah will be blessed to live a life full of Tauhid, get enlightenment, be showered with the provisions of this earthly life, be raised in stature amongst their peers and be protected from all dangers and mishaps by the Will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
To be continued, Insya Allah.
Fee amanillah ya kaum. Wassalamualaikum Warahmatulillahi Rabbil Alamin.