In the name of Almighty Allah, God Most Gracious, Most Compassionate.
All praises be to Allah, Master of the Universe, my Salawat and Salam to His Final Messenger, Muhammad al Mustafa, Rahmatulillahi Rabbil Alamin.
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you O Mukmins and Mukminats and May the Almighty accept our amals and our ibadats as they are and reward us with His Forgiveness and His Baraqah, giving us who believe in and worship Him, our due Salvation and Deliverance from the Trials and Fitnah in the Day of Judgment. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.
The very first thing that our souls will be questioned about when we die and our bodies buried in our graves is the status of our solat records?
The Solat is the foundation of a Muslim's Iman @ Faith in Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala commanded Solat to us Muslims through His Greatest Messenger, our Blessed Prophet Muhammad al Mustafa when Rasulullah Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam ascended to the Jannahtul Firdaus to Allah's Arash where no other makhluk had ever been summoned to Allah's Presence before the Isra' & Mikraj of our Rasul!
I read that the Solat has been put to practice by other Prophets before Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam in stages but it is only through Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam, that the Solat, the greatest act of prayer that we mankind can offer to Our Lord in full sincerity and with the fullest understanding as to the reason of our Creation, will take steps to learn about how to offer our Solat's with our hearts and minds in tune with our being, body and soul, in worship of Ar Rahman?
To those of us who are really serious in living our life's as true Muslims, it is absolutely important for us to study the foundation and aspects of Solat in order for us to gain the best rewards and full benefits of our Solat.
As true Muslims, we must perform our Solat's in the proper and correct manners as taught by our beloved Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam.
In this Age of Information, there is an abundance of resources for us Muslims to learn about our faith and share whatever information that we have acquired and gained with others through various mediums of communications.
I for one choose this medium of blogging to share with you my fellow Muslims and my readers from other beliefs as to the truth of Islam and what is in store for those who Believe in Allah, God Most Compassionate, Most Merciful and in His Holy Malaikats @ Angels, His Holy Scriptures, His Holy Messengers, the Last Day and in His Qada' & Qadar ( Divine Preordainment) of all that is good and evil?
Iman @ Faith dear Brothers & Sisters is something that one attains only through knowledge and understanding.
It is a culmination of one's spiritual journey and striving to improve one's understanding and practice of Islam.
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala commands us :
5. Wama omiroo illa liyaAAbudoo Allaha mukhliseena lahu alddeena hunafaa wayuqeemoo alssalata wayu/too alzzakata wathalika deenu alqayyimati
5. And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular prayer; and to practice regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight.
Al Qur'an Surah Al Baiyinah Verse 5.
40. Rabbi ijAAalnee muqeema alssalati wamin thurriyyatee rabbana wtaqabbal duAAa/-i
40. O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.
Al Qur'an Surah Ibrahim Chapter 14 Verse 40.
31. WajaAAalanee mubarakan aynama kuntu waawsanee bialssalati waalzzakati ma dumtu hayyan
31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
Al Qur'an Surah Maryam Chapter 19 Verse 31.
58. Ola-ika allatheena anAAama Allahu AAalayhim mina alnnabiyyeena min thurriyyati adama wamimman hamalna maAAa noohin wamin thurriyyati ibraheema wa-isra-eela wamimman hadayna waijtabayna itha tutla AAalayhim ayatu alrrahmani kharroo sujjadan wabukiyyan
58. Those were some of the prophets on whom Allah did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of ((Allah)) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.
Al Qur'an Surah Maryam Chapter 19 Verse 58
These are a few selections of verses from the Holy Qur'an that contains the Commandments from Allah Azza Wa Jalla to the Prophets and to Muslims to observe Solat, which is beneficial to us in so many ways if only we endeavor on our part to learn more about our faith?
Solat is not only an obeisance in worship towards Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala but also encompasses the submission of the living soul towards our Creator and the annihilation of our ego in bowing towards the Majesty of Allah Azza Wa Jalla and in prostrating ourselves before His Magnificence.
Solat is the most important act of worship above all other acts of Ibadat.The commandment to perform the Solat was ordered upon us Muslims by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala when Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam was summoned to Allah's Presence in the 'Israk and Mikraj night journey that the Blessed Messenger Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam was summoned to Allah's Presence above the highest heavens.
Israk wal Mikraj is the miraculous Night Journey of the Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam from the Baitullah of Allah, the Holy Ka'abah where the Seal of the Prophets, our beloved Rasulullah was invited by the Archangel Jibreel Alaihis Salam to mount the Al Buraq brought down to this Earth from the highest Heavens and transported at a speed faster than the speed of light to Masjidul Al Aqsa and from there ascended up to the Heavens and from there forth to the presence of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala!
Read here to learn in depth about the mukjizat of Allah Azza Wa Jalla where by His Will, our Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam was given the commandment to perform the Solat by our Creator Himself!
Those who would like to learn about the origins of a masjid in the earlier times can visit this site to gain in depth knowledge about how masjids were established back then?
The masjids back then were not as fancy as the ones you would find today all over the world!
The Nahal Oded Masjid at Najad back then when it was nothing more than a clearing of gravel surrounded by rocks and stones with an upturned large piece of stone to mark the mihrab and the direction of the Qibla.
A Bedouin offering prayers at an open masjid in the TransJordan area in the 50s.
Back then, the masjid's were just bare open areas in the deserts of Arabia where the Muslims devotion towards Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala were much more precious and sincere in value compared with the tendencies to over decorate the lavish masjids of today but in which the ones claiming to be Muslims were more alike what has been stated by Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam in these hadiths :
"In the End Times of the community of the faithful people, those who adorn the mosques but leave their own hearts in ruins, who fail to look after their religion as much as they do their clothes, who forsake their religious obligations for the sake of their activities in this world, will increase in number."
The Last Hour will not be established until there will remain those people who will neither be aware of the virtues and never prevent the vices. (Ahmad)
Near the establishment of the Hour, good deeds will decrease. (Bukhari)
Benefits of solat for the Muslim society @ The Ummah:
- Solat is the best platform for a Muslim, male and female to bring oneself closer to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
- Solat cleanses one's sins.
- Solat removes one's faults and improves one's decorum or akhlak.
- Solat removes ill will and envy from one's heart and mind.
- Solat is the best way to increase one's stature in life and amongst the Ummah.
- Muslims who pray and perform their solat diligently will be showered with Allah's Mercy as long as he or she maintains solat.
- If a Muslim is thrown into the Hellfire , the scorching flames will not touch the areas of one's physique which touches the ground when in prostration ( parts of one's body that comes into contact with the earth or ground upon the act of sujud.
- Solat carried out with full knowledge and understanding plus focus will enable one to sujud to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala on Yaum al Qiyamah.
- Solat increases one's internal energy and tranquilizes one's soul.
- Solat feeds one's heart and soul with the Rahmah and Sakinah of Allah Azza Wa Jalla.
- Solat is the doorway to one's receiving of Allah's Baraqah and Sustenance @ Razq.
- Solat is the Noor @ Light that brightne's up a Mukmin's Ruuh in the Duniya and Akhirat.
- Solat cures many diseases of the mind and heart @ psychological aspects-a praying soul attains a heightened sense of peace and tranquility- a balanced individual, capable of handling whatever trials and tribulations that props up in one's life.
- Allah Azza Wa Jalla commands His servants to seek His Help both in the worldly needs and those of the Akhirat @ Hereafter by carrying out the Solat, which is made up of prayers @ do'a.
- Those who perform their solat in the jamaah @ congregation can feel and experience the peace and protection of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. The power of association is what my Shaikh used to remind us. Strength through unity and oneness of purpose, which is to seek Allah's Blessings.
- Solat enables one to be in constant prayer and devotion towards Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
- Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala doubles the rewards and blessings of those who are in Solat.
- Those who take care and fulfill their Solat will be those whose amals and ibadat are accepted by Allah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem.
- By taking care of one's Solat, a Muslim is prevented from being amongst the Munafiks.
- By being amongst those who take care of the solat, a Muslim will be safe from being resurrected with the likes of the Fir'aun, Qarun, Hamman and Ubay bin Khalaf on the Yaum al Qiyamat!
- Solat beings peace of mind.
- Solat enlightens one's heart and brightens up one's face and refreshes one's spirit.
- Solat prevents one from committing vile acts and abhorrable conduct.
- Solat prevents one from being cruel and oppressive.
- Solat prevents one from losing control of one's nafs @ lust.
- Solat ensures prolonged bliss and acts a barrier towards misfortune!
- Solat brings forth blessings and removes worries or tribulations of the heart.
- Solat heals mental and psychological conditions and controls one's sexual lusts and associated sins.
- Solat is the motivating factor that helps one to do good for society by bringing one into contact with likeminded individuals, united in faith and goodwill and acts as a cementing glue that binds the hearts and minds of the Mukmins into enjoining the good and forbidding the munkar.
- Solat when carried out in a jamaah @ congregation is an excellent platform for social mingling and interaction amongst the society @ ummah.
- Solat Jamaah when carried out correctly is enlightening and brings one into contact with the learned ones in the masjid and opens up the doors of learning for all when the 'Majlis Ilmu' is carried out by the scholars and imam of the masjid. Learning opportunities for those who seek the truth and knowledge of Islam.
- Solat cleanses the hearts of the Muslims and prevents one from being a hypocrite @ munafik.
- Solat opens up the hearts and minds of the Muslims to love one another for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala for the strength of the Ummah comes from the gathering of those who are united in devotion towards Allah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem.
- Solat puts to practice the principles of Islam and is the bedrock of a Muslim's Iman and Amal in Islam.
- Solat which is carried out according to the exact Sunnah of the Blessed Messenger Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassalam will bring forth many blessings and benefits to the praying soul that will enable a Muslim to pass through the afflictions of this Duniya and the Trials of the Akhirat with the ease of those who are blessed by the Almighty and attain a state of calmness that manifests the stature of the Believers before Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. The one who prays constantly to Allah is full of bliss and calmness derived from the realization that one has fulfilled one's obligations towards one's Creator in this world and shall be rewarded accordingly in the Hereafter?
- Solat will remove hardships and make one able to face the trials and tribulations of one's daily life's. Those who succeed in reaching a certain level of correctness in their Solat will attain a level of competency in their life and be able to handle whatever trials that come up in their life?
- Solat removes sins, raises one's stature, increases the goodness in one's self and brings one closer to Allah, the Master and Overlord of all that we see or comprehend?
- Solat brings forth the gentle being in us, calms our hearts, brightens our outlook and nurtures our soul with the power of prayer.
- Solat has an effect on those who perform it by turning those who perform their Solat as trustworthy persons, be generous and kind towards others, calm and collected even when problems crop up and prevents one from ending up in the dregs of society.
- Solat is the food for the soul that never ends and spiritual fodder for the Believer.
- One who keeps his or her Solat to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala will find that his or her life will always be blessed and protected with the Blessings and Peace of Allah, our Most Gracious, Most Compassionate Creator.
- One who keeps firm to his or her Solat will find Allah's Help to be with him or her when major tests and fitnah that comes their way dissipate into nothingness as a result of their keeping to their part of the bai'ah that they keep with Ar Rahman in every prayer when they recite the Do'a Iftitah:
- "Allahu Akbaru kabiraw
- Walhamdu lillahi kathiraw
- Wasubhanallahhi bukratau waasila.
- Wajjahtu wajhia lillazi fataras sama wati wal ardha
- Hanifam muslimaw wama ana minal musyrikin.
- Inna solati wanusuki wamahyaya wammamati lillahi rabbil'alamin.
- La syarikalahu wabiza lika umirtu wa ana minal muslimin."
- "Allah the Almighty, the Greatest of them all;
- All praises be upon Him;
- Allah The Most Exalted of them all, all day and all night;
- I stand before The One Who created the skies and the lands;
- I am ready to leave my fate in Allah's Hands;
- And I am certainly not among those who associate Allah with other beings;
- Indeed my Solat, my good deeds, my life and my death; I leave it all in the Hands of Allah; who administers the whole universe.
- He has no rival nor parallel whatsoever; and I have been ordered as such; and I am from those who embrace Islam!"
It's getting close to the Solat Jumaat time and thus I have to cut short this article on the Benefits of Solat for now.
Insya Allah, I will continue when Allah permits. Till then, have a Blessed Jumaat dear Mukmins!
Wabillahi Taufik Wal Hidayah.
Wassalamualaikum Warahmatulillahi Ta'ala Wabarakatuh.
Bandar Tun Razak,