I write this article as an advice to a fellow Muslim who has recently gone through an episode in which the individual had to forgo the right to be identified as a Muslim.
I hope that the individual reads this and repents from what the individual has done. Insya Allah.
Section 4 (29-38)
29. Or do those in whose hearts is a disease, think that Allah will not bring to light all their rancour?
30. Had We so wiled, We could have shown them up to thee, and thou shouldst have known them by their marks: but surely thou wilt know them by the tone of their speech! And Allah knows all that ye do.
31. And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience; and We shall try your reported (mettle).
32. Those who reject Allah, hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, and resist the Messenger, after Guidance has been clearly shown to them, will not injure Allah in the least, but He will make their deeds of no effect.
33. O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the apostle, and make not vain your deeds!
34. Those who reject Allah, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, then die rejecting Allah,- Allah will not forgive them.
35. Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
36. The life of this world is but play and amusement: and if ye believe and guard against Evil, He will grant you your recompense, and will not ask you (to give up) your possessions.
37. If He were to ask you for all of them, and press you, ye would covetously withhold, and He would bring out all your ill-feeling.
38. Ha antum haola-i tudAAawna litunfiqoo fee sabeeli Allahi faminkum man yabkhalu waman yabkhal fa-innama yabkhalu AAan nafsihi waAllahu alghaniyyu waantumu alfuqarao wa-in tatawallaw yastabdil qawman ghayrakum thumma la yakoonoo amthalakum
38. Behold, ye are those invited to spend (of your substance) in the Way of Allah. But among you are some that are niggardly. But any who are niggardly are so at the expense of their own souls. But Allah is free of all wants, and it is ye that are needy. If ye turn back (from the Path), He will substitute in your stead another people; then they would not be like you!
Dear Muslimins and Muslimats.
Today, there are many amongst the Muslims who live a life that is between Iman @ Faith and Kufur @ Disbelief.
In recent times, I have come to learn of many who flip flop in faith and often end up losing everything that they have worked hard for!
I know it isn't easy for some of them who are young and inexperienced in life. But then again, I am perplexed as to how easy people nowadays simply throw away what many others have sacrificed so much to attain?
Have they not learned of the immense sacrifices of the earlier generations of mankind who put their own lives at risk just to maintain their Iman and Amals?
Faith for some is as fragile as the spider's web and easily cleft asunder when the slightest challenge to their creed comes their way.
I recall reading about how Sayyidina Bilal ibni Rabah, suffered so much in persevering to maintain and keep himself as a bonafide true Muslim no matter how much his tormenting employer Umayyah bin Khalaf tortured Sayyidina Bilal under the hot burning desert sun and crushed by a large boulder which the Makkan Kaffir had placed upon his chest!!!
Today's Muslims are so easily influenced and coerced into giving up their Iman with just a few idle threats and attempts in cutting off their sustenance or livelihood.
A Tamil Nasyeed song by Nagore E.M.Haniffa has among its lyrics stating ' Iittiyinn munayyil nirittiye pothum, Iman yilakke maatomm!' meaning ' Even when held at spear point, we will not relinquish our Faith!'.
To those who cherish and value their Iman, no matter what challenges comes upon them in the course of their lives, they will never surrender so easily to the forces of evil out there no matter what but those who have a sickness in their hearts due to the love of this temporal earthly life, their discarding of their Muslim faith and identity is as flimsy as a fluff of cotton caught onto the tip of a branch, ready to fall off at the slightest blow of a breeze.
I don't have to name names but the Muslim individual in question who had recently done exactly that ought to take into consideration the consequences of dicing with your Iman.
Do you really want to risk an eternity of regret or will you return to your fitrah and reclaim your birthright to be a true believer in Allah?
A true believer doesn't flip flop in his or her Iman. Seek Allah's Mercy and Forgiveness before your soul is taken away from your mortal self.
You are either a Mukmin or a Kaffir. You can't be both.